780M works only at 80Mhz

Fukurou

I've been having some troubles lately. Just bought myself a new MSI gtx 780M videocard to replace my previous one - 675M. Im having an MSI laptop GT70-0nd. At first, everything went just fine. System detected 780M, i installed new drivers, nvidia latest - 340.52. Now it should be fully functional. At least it looks like it, but should I run game or benchmark - perfomance is very poor. And this is what GPU-Z shows.

post-29406-1449499829571_thumb.jpg

As you can see its core clock at 80Mhz which is pretty low)

So far, I've been told that it may be an issue with my motherboard BIOS, and suggested that I should change it to stable one, which, unfortunately is for win7, and I'm currently on win8, sooo... i cant seem to flash it, no matter how hard I try.

So please! Maybe anyone can help me to figure out what should I do next to get it to work properly.

Thanks in advance.

post-29406-14494998295231_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

You can use Display Driver Uninstaller Download version 13.4.0.0 Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) in order to clean your system. Do this from Safe Mode, after that install latest drivers from nvidia. If this does not work, try several older versions of drivers, using same DDU. If still does not work, try to re-flash the vbios of videocard.