5870m in M15x

Spunky424

So until i get my 7970m fixed i installed my friends spare 5870m gpu with A00 bios and it works fine but the gpu fan and cpu fan go full speed at startup and then slow down but by the times windows starts up the fans are going 100% again. Idle temps are fine and the cpu and gpu are not overheating. has anyone ever experienced this? i did a search but could not come up with anything. Thanks

So until i get my 7970m fixed i installed my friends spare 5870m gpu with A00 bios and it works fine but the gpu fan and cpu fan go full speed at startup and then slow down but by the times windows starts up the fans are going 100% again. Idle temps are fine and the cpu and gpu are not overheating. has anyone ever experienced this? i did a search but could not come up with anything. Thanks

1 : My bios version is A09 1.00

2 : You probably can try HWINFO to control the fans manually and see how it goes (It works on my ancient lovely m15x until now)

Good luck!