Favorite MMO?

blknite908

There are too many 2 decide!
WoW rise of the lich king was my fav, although i loved Flyff, Florencia, mapple story.
Blade and soul is epic
Loving mapple story 2
Tera is great
Dying to try Black desert
Guess it all depends on the mood xD
Will try a few you all mentioned, never heard of quite a few.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

The best MMO of all time was Star Wars Galaxies, SWTOR was never even close to as good as SWG, a far distant second is WoW, followed by LOTRO, if people are interested there are many SWG emulators for NGE and pre NGE gameplay, nothing is as open as that sandbox universe.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 weeks later...

SWG is certainly one I have fond memories of. Although I'd imagine most of it is covered rose-tinted glasses of my youth, looking at its feature list now doesn't exactly inspire me to return to playing in present time.

PSO2 stands as my current favorite I spend my time on, though I only admit so begrudgingly out of there simply being nothing else to really contest it. I've roughed it out on the JP servers since the Alpha and CBT days and can still say its the closest thing to a DMC MMO in Space. But the luster has long since faded and I've plenty of reasons to be disappointed about what could've been versus what actually is. It's still has a character creator nearly unrivaled(no two characters are the same unless delibrate) and has a fairly strong start when you get a handle on the combat mechanics and visit a take down a couple of bosses in Emergency Quests. You'll find yourself jaded if you try to stick it out in the long run, as unlike the original the game is less about finding things and more about "hey you found a thing but: it's not equipable/effective on your class combination, you still have to grind it, you still have to affix it, it's actually a parfait--what do you mean you don't play Summoner?" The original game didn't have anywhere near as many purely class restricted gear.

Speaking of, the original PSO Blue Burst is still very near and dear to me even if I only have history with the Blue Burst edition. I can still sign on, hop into a free exploration, and have a good time even with its aged controls plus slower pace (hope you like constantly recentering your camera). It has design decisions that astonish me to this day such as how intertwined the theme of friendship is woven so deeply into the game. From your first steps into the game where you get smacked down by your first pack of Boomas alone to the narrative bad ends that happen to the NPCs in the story often by not having such friends. Just about everything in the game pushes you to work together with people instead of lone wolfing your way through.

• 4 weeks later...

I would say Star Wars Galaxies for its freedom. I was there after the patch that made the game worse and not that long before it was shut down, unfortunately. I got to be a fighter pilot for a company.

Other than that WoW is my favourite. For some reason I get the urge to resub every winter. I hope they keep it running and it doesn't go the way of SWG.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
On 9/18/2017 at 8:41 PM, Arodion said:

The best MMO of all time was Star Wars Galaxies, SWTOR was never even close to as good as SWG, a far distant second is WoW, followed by LOTRO, if people are interested there are many SWG emulators for NGE and pre NGE gameplay, nothing is as open as that sandbox universe.

I also play Star Wars. The game is just wonderful. The graphics are on top, the physics is at the level, the main thing is that the device would just pull it normally.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...

WoW and FFXIV

Life is much better if you just completely disregard what anyone says or the meta discussion of its future over the next 25 years.

It's a game, not a life decision. If I want to play it, I play it. If I enjoy playing it, I continue playing it. If I stop enjoying it, I stop playing for now.