"heatsinks material" of Alinware m18x R1 (using coollaboratory liquid ultra)

mohsen

hi to all

i want to use "coollaboratory liquid ultra" for my CPU and GPU...

but the question is: can i use that? the heatsinks support that?

they said that we can't use liquid ultra for aluminium heatsinks... what kind of material(for CPU and GPU heatsink) alienware(dell) uses in laptops?

please guide me to be sure about using...

thanks

(information about thermal paste+benchmark: http://forum.techinferno.com/alienware/7460-tested-all-thermal-paste-range-best-them.html)

Hi Mohsen, I just bought Liquid Ultra as well actually mine just arrived today. I have an M18x R1 model with a triple pipe XM heatsink from the R2 on the way. My system in depot for another day at least as well. I think we can use this as the material for the heatsink is copper thankfully not aluminum. The only other contact material is the cpu die and I believe that is not aluminum as well. @Mr.Fox could you maybe elaborate more as you have had experience with this thermal interface material.

Hi Mohsen, I just bought Liquid Ultra as well actually mine just arrived today. I have an M18x R1 model with a triple pipe XM heatsink from the R2 on the way. My system in depot for another day at least as well. I think we can use this as the material for the heatsink is copper thankfully not aluminum. The only other contact material is the cpu die and I believe that is not aluminum as well. @Mr.Fox could you maybe elaborate more as you have had experience with this thermal interface material.

the problem was heatsink... i bought one Coollaboratory Liquid Ultra 1.5ml...

maybe next week i will share pictures of putting liquid on CPU and GPUs.. (in this post or a new one)

attention: you can use any liquid (silver or none silver) in your alinware but care that the liquid does not touch any electrical surface...

I'm testing it now on my Dell Inspiron 1720 with a core 2 duo T7700 over clocked to dual IDA speeds of 2.6ghz. Running a prime95 run on it now and on previous paste Prolimatech Pk-1 fresh paste. I also ordered a batch of Coolaboratory Liquid Pro which on some videos I watched seemed to result in lower temps than even the newer version Liquid Ultra. So I wanted to see if there is much of a difference myself. Besides giving me some fresh practice on painting this stuff on vs applying thermal paste. So far looks like it does perform better and it was easy to apply, I was very careful and cautious while applying it though. Results will be posted in a Inspiron 1720 tear down thread I posted. Cheers.

Yes, definitely... Liquid Ultra is all I am using now. I highly recommend it, but it needs to be applied in a different way than most thermal pastes to be effective. This is the ONLY paste that will tame an overclocked Haswell. Here are some images (and descriptions that go along with them) that you may find helpful.

This video includes a demonstration of Liquid Ultra application...

Here are some example of the cooling capabilities of Liquid Ultra...

Absolutely awesome Mr.Fox thanks for all these awesome videos and pics. You have been quite busy lol :) keep up the great work wow. Can't wait to get my system back to try this as well. Lol my Inspiron isn't all that interesting ;) cheers