Can't install 7970M card on a M15X-R2 (full white screen on windows) ...any ideas?

Tulius

I try to upgrade the old 5850M to a 7970M in my friend's M15X-R2 (i7-740QM)... it boots with no beeps but freezes with a white screen on windows... I really tried everything I could but to no use, only gives the same results. The card is using the sl7 7970M overdrive bios and I heard this model is incompatible with 7970M with 015.022 DELL bios, is it true? If its the case what can I do to fix this?

Thanks in advance.

post-12287-144949981298_thumb.jpg

Edit: Anyway I really dont know if its really the R2 or the first model of M15X and about the Vbios it was originally a 015.021 bios before flash.

• 1 year later...

It would be helpful to have more info on your specs. I would need your BIOS version (usually A##), Windows version, and you can find out model by booting into safe mode and checking system properties, or more simply by flipping it upside down and reading the model info from the service tag sticker. That being said, try this guide: http://forum.techinferno.com/alienware-m15x-aw-15/1731-%5Bguide%5D-m15x-amd-7970m.html

• 3 months later...