M17x R2 - 'System Configuration Detected'

Guest bifnewman

Guest bifnewman

Hey guys,

I am having this problem where every couple boots, there is a little message that pops up while booting and it says System Configuration Detected and resets all my BIOS settings. This error is unacceptable. It may sound like I am overreacting but I switch the order of my hard drives for the boot process and everytime it resets, I have to restart my computer and go into BIOS to change it back so I can boot into my OS. WTF DELL? I am on the official A10 BIOS. I am prepared to ask for a refund if I can't find a solution to this. I have had too many problems with Dell lately, even though they gave me this machine fully loaded, their service has been pretty bad to me so far. I was called yesterday by a 508 number and the lady told me to write "Attention Steven McPherson/Robert Sins" on a piece of paper and write it on the box. I tracked the number to a company named Onprocess Technology, but they disguised themselves as Dell on the phone. I am sick of this shit. Any recommendations?

Edited by bifnewman

• Founder

I haven't encountered this error message before, but it seems like your mobo will probably require replacement. I am puzzled thouh cause it is not consistent with every boot. Will this happen if you reboot lets say 3 times in a row?

Guest bifnewman
I haven't encountered this error message before, but it seems like your mobo will probably require replacement. I am puzzled thouh cause it is not consistent with every boot. Will this happen if you reboot lets say 3 times in a row?

It is really wierd since it doesn't happen every time. It happens like every 2 or 3 times I boot. If it requires a motherboard replacement, then I am asking for a refund.

Guest bifnewman

IDK, I cant even reproduce it anymore. That doesn't mean the problem doesn't exist though. In other news, Dell sold my information away. The only way that the 508 number that called me yesterday would have gotten my information is if Dell sold it to them. I also got something in the mail from them but it looks exactly as if it was from Dell, a new shipping label that I'm supposed to ship the laptop out with if I haven't already. It's a phishing scam so I have to pay Dell for my other laptop. I don't want to be involved with a company that tries to viciously steal my money and possessions...

EDIT: Okay, maybe I exaggerated a little bit, lol. It was probably some collection company that was paid to get the laptop back but this is the second time I've sent my laptop back to Dell and I have never heard of this company before. And I'm not okay with Dell doing this behind my back. I emailed the Dell guy and asked him about it and never got a response...

Edited by bifnewman