IdeaFan for y510p y500 G500 Y580 y410p

allstone

Hi,

1.  First forgive my English is not very good (PS:Baidu translate),My computer is Y500,Found the ideafan, has been using this software,Last month upgraded the WIN10 version 1607Found Ideafan can not get open hardware monitor of the temperature, that is AUTO failure, Upgrade from open hardware monitor to 0.7.1  beta  after automatic mode return to normal。

2. Yesterday, the upgrade win10 14901 ideafan after the above situation, however, there is no new version of the open hardware monitor available, there is a good way to solve it, although the manual can also be used to open ideafan

3.The mouse pointer on the ideafan icon does not display the temperature of the screenshot below,The normal condition is the display temperature,Seek solution

QQ截图20160813160241.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 13/08/2016 at 11:07 AM, 雨灵 said:

Hi,

1.  First forgive my English is not very good (PS:Baidu translate),My computer is Y500,Found the ideafan, has been using this software,Last month upgraded the WIN10 version 1607Found Ideafan can not get open hardware monitor of the temperature, that is AUTO failure, Upgrade from open hardware monitor to 0.7.1  beta  after automatic mode return to normal。

2. Yesterday, the upgrade win10 14901 ideafan after the above situation, however, there is no new version of the open hardware monitor available, there is a good way to solve it, although the manual can also be used to open ideafan

3.The mouse pointer on the ideafan icon does not display the temperature of the screenshot below,The normal condition is the display temperature,Seek solution

QQ截图20160813160241.jpg

Hi 雨灵,

as I understand no problem about English, it sufficient to understand ;). 

1. I have 1511 still, because when going with further Windows update = INTERNET is gone. So I had to revert. Could you confirm what is your current Windows 10 version (Start->Run... and type winver.exe)? I understand, that automatic mode is not working and temperatures are not showing. I believe I can fix it - give me some time to review.

2. I believe I will be able either to find or code some sensor app to receive temperatures. I will get back with the solution.

3. Yes, not showing on my PC too. I have been running manual mode, but it is not as convenient as the temperature based. So I personally want the solution too.

Any others using Windows 10? I am at least thankful my y510p drivers still work on Windows 10. In fact, it runs faster than previous Windows versions.

Update 2016-09-04:  IdeaFan 1.6 (link is in the first post) is working on Windows 10 Build 15111. 

Edited by allstone

23 hours ago, 雨灵 said:

As shown in figure, can not obtain the temperature, automatic mode failure!

QQ截图20160905034138.jpg

Y8C091M%VODZ8]P@D8]37AV.png

雨灵, I will try updating the Windows 10 to 1607 to review. Could you please try to close both IdeaFan and OpenHardwareMonitor and run them manually? Are temperatures shown then?

5 hours ago, allstone said:

雨灵, I will try updating the Windows 10 to 1607 to review. Could you please try to close both IdeaFan and OpenHardwareMonitor and run them manually? Are temperatures shown then?

When the temperature is high, the natural operation of the manual mode, using the shortcut keys.

17 hours ago, 雨灵 said:

When the temperature is high, the natural operation of the manual mode, using the shortcut keys.

I see. Give me some time to get ready and update to 1607, I will check what is going on on that version.

When I purchased my y50-70 I knew this would be the first app I installed, must upgrade to v 1.6

All this time and I never used the CTRL-SHIFT-Q shortcut, great job! now if only there was a way to get it to go constant without the gap. 

On 9/4/2016 at 0:44 PM, 雨灵 said:

QQ截图20160905034138.jpg

On 9/5/2016 at 6:09 PM, 雨灵 said:

Anyways, I found the 1.8 version which fixes my problem on Windows 10 build 1607 here <REMOVED BY ADMIN>

On 04/09/2016 at 10:44 PM, 雨灵 said:

QQ截图20160905034138.jpg

On 06/09/2016 at 4:09 AM, 雨灵 said:

I have been warned for even posting the link I found. It is written there that that user was banned from these forums, so I believe you will have to write him personally if you want to solve this issue :o 

I personally had to go to OpenHardwareMonitor and enable Options->Remote Web Server->Run for that to work. Please write if you manage to succeed for others may want the information too.

Edited by lil kim

On 2016/9/26 at 3:01 PM, lil kim said:

I have been warned for even posting the link I found. It is written there that that user was banned from these forums, so I believe you will have to write him personally if you want to solve this issue :o 

I personally had to go to OpenHardwareMonitor and enable Options->Remote Web Server->Run for that to work. Please write if you manage to succeed for others may want the information too.

web service 》Run:ohmy:

QQ截图20160928191449.png

QQ截图20160928191730.png

49 minutes ago, 雨灵 said:

QQ截图20160928224203.png

QQ截图20160928224220.png

So did you open the port in windows firewall settings as the note says ? Although I did not need to do that, I think I have my firewall disabled on my home PC. Maybe either IdeaFan or OpenHardwareMonitor is blocked or not open in firewall ? I would first try disabling firewall and restarting IdeaFan and see how that goes. If it does not work - its not firewall problem then.

Edited by lil kim

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Here is my solution to the fan control problem.

I was browsing on ebay looking for some sort of micro switch that I could hook up to the fan brown wire, so I could turn it on or off when needed, and I came across this temperature sensor/switch. They work like a thermostat, when reaching a certain temperature it will either turn on or off depending on the model.

You can choose from a range of temperatures, from like 45C to 130C. I'm using a normally closed, 70C model. Around 70C it will open the circuit and run the fan at full speed until the temperature drops down to around 65C. They are dirty cheap! I paid 99 cents each, including shipping.

Wire the sensor in series with the brown wire, place it as close as possible to the chip or heatpipe using thermal adhesive tape and you're done.

This is what it looks like

1U87wcd.jpg

(I keep the wires tucked under the black sticker)

Pijt437.jpg

I glued the sensor with double sided thermal adhesive directly on the heatpipe.

BfuFXud.jpg

There's not enough room on the ultrabay GPU to glue the sensor on the heatpipe, so I glued it right next to it. Worked just as well.

More pictures: http://imgur.com/a/DBlxV 

This is the listing I ordered from: http://www.ebay.com/itm/331577233585 

Search for "KSD9700". Make sure you choose the "Normally Closed" model.

Both GPUs are running at 1189MHZ and the memory is running at stock speeds.

GPU2 was repasted a couple months ago with Mastergel Maker from Cooler Master. CPU and main GPU still have the stock thermal paste. 

"Idle" temperatures, watching a video, browsing the web (measured on a hot day).

CPU ~55C

GPU1 ~50C

GPU2 ~40C

Full load (GTAV, BF Remastered, MadMax). GPU2 will overheat and throttle using a GPU burner software like Furmark and OC Scanner. This never happens in any gaming session, regardless of how long I play.

CPU ~80C

GPU1 ~77C

GPU2 ~83C

• 1 month later...
On 03/12/2016 at 7:57 AM, fmj777 said:

Here is my solution to the fan control problem.

I was browsing on ebay looking for some sort of micro switch that I could hook up to the fan brown wire, so I could turn it on or off when needed, and I came across this temperature sensor/switch. They work like a thermostat, when reaching a certain temperature it will either turn on or off depending on the model.

You can choose from a range of temperatures, from like 45C to 130C. I'm using a normally closed, 70C model. Around 70C it will open the circuit and run the fan at full speed until the temperature drops down to around 65C. They are dirty cheap! I paid 99 cents each, including shipping.

Wire the sensor in series with the brown wire, place it as close as possible to the chip or heatpipe using thermal adhesive tape and you're done.

This is what it looks like

1U87wcd.jpg

(I keep the wires tucked under the black sticker)

Pijt437.jpg

I glued the sensor with double sided thermal adhesive directly on the heatpipe.

BfuFXud.jpg

There's not enough room on the ultrabay GPU to glue the sensor on the heatpipe, so I glued it right next to it. Worked just as well.

More pictures: http://imgur.com/a/DBlxV 

This is the listing I ordered from: http://www.ebay.com/itm/331577233585 

Search for "KSD9700". Make sure you choose the "Normally Closed" model.

Both GPUs are running at 1189MHZ and the memory is running at stock speeds.

GPU2 was repasted a couple months ago with Mastergel Maker from Cooler Master. CPU and main GPU still have the stock thermal paste. 

"Idle" temperatures, watching a video, browsing the web (measured on a hot day).

CPU ~55C

GPU1 ~50C

GPU2 ~40C

Full load (GTAV, BF Remastered, MadMax). GPU2 will overheat and throttle using a GPU burner software like Furmark and OC Scanner. This never happens in any gaming session, regardless of how long I play.

CPU ~80C

GPU1 ~77C

GPU2 ~83C

@fmj777 bro, i did the sensor mod that you have posted, but my fan stopped working after. can you help me as to what have gone wrong? I've soldered the wires in series as your instructions and photos, I'm not sure if that's what caused it to stop working. did you solder yours or just wrapped them together? can you give advice as to what to do? thanks!

Edited by angel_grin

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So I tried this to my Lenovo G500 which has the same default software of dust cleaning and well what do you know, it works too!

I just could not stand the noise, it distracts me during my gaming sessions

Thanks and very nice software mr OP!

I will try to test the temps soon as I find time!

• 3 weeks later...
On 2017-02-22 at 5:20 PM, hang qiu said:

hello, i am wondering where can i download the latest version of the software. 

we cannot send you the link and its forbidden to post link on this website. Just google "allstone ideafan" it will be second link or something to download latest ideafan.