So i think i bricked my 7970m...

Spunky424

So I have a m15xr2 with a 920xm and a dell 7970m. Last night I decided to flash an undervolted 0.975V by slv7 and everything went well till it asked me to restart and then black screen and the caps and scroll lock are blinking. Can anyone help? I swapped it out for the old 240m graphics card and it works fine. Any help is appreciated.

I've been reading up on blind flashing but i dont think the computer is even posting since the caps and scroll lock lights are just blinking. any possible way to fix the gpu? it shouldnt be dead since everything was working fine before the flash.

So i think i've come to the reality that the vbios chip will need to be desoldered and replaced with a new one. Can anyone point me to someone that can help me do this? i'm good with soldering but not soldering micro electronics. I just took a look at the vbios chip and dont think im capable of doing it myself. All signs have pointed to SVL7. if you happen to see this post please send me a PM as i've been trying to get in contact with you via PM on notebookreview. Hope you can help me out here.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
So i think i've come to the reality that the vbios chip will need to be desoldered and replaced with a new one. Can anyone point me to someone that can help me do this? i'm good with soldering but not soldering micro electronics. I just took a look at the vbios chip and dont think im capable of doing it myself. All signs have pointed to SVL7. if you happen to see this post please send me a PM as i've been trying to get in contact with you via PM on notebookreview. Hope you can help me out here.

Thanks

The only hope for now is @svl7 , he probably busy with the life! PM him and i believe he wil respond to you soon! :D