G75VW - Crashing to Black Screen/Rebooting at Random

I've been having a problem with my G75VW for the past few months. It seems to like to crash to black, especially when the USB system and HDDs are under load. If I'm transferring large files at an accelerated speed, it will just shut down (or reboot), depending on the bios setting for USB Power Save. I've tried the hibernation fix, disabling hibernation, the special bioses, everything. Does anyone know anything about this problem?

Forgot to mention, I make no use of the hibernation function nor the sleep function. I shut down normally every time. This happens in Win7, Win8 and Linux. It happens LESS when on battery only, or under heavy graphics load, but otherwise it is completely random.

• 1 month later...

Do you have any notable mods on it, like a BIOS mod? If so, see if setting it back to stock fixes it. It could be the settings (where stock settings are good), BIOS, or just a plain issue that plagues this model. If you have it overclocked, then that's the first thing to guess at, because even though you should be able to overclock more, it's never a sure thing. Another thing I could think about if it is overclocked, may be too little voltage. Could be software, RAM, or anything else too. See if you can find any patterns between when it happens, and anything you changed recently. For example, did you do anything to your laptop several months ago which may cause this? Does this problem happen on a fresh install of Windows?

• 5 months later...