M14x Nvidia 555mGT Performance Scaling 720p 900p 1080p

Here are some screenshots and a video I made that shows the performance capabilities of the nvidia 555mGT. I am tired of hearing that the 555 gets "raped" by the 460 and of course the 560. It is natural that the 560 should be faster but the 555 is actually close to equal to the 460 when overclocked regardless of the GDDR5.

The video shows Just Cause 2, Metro 2033 and Battlefield Bad Company 2. Just cause and Metro are just screen shots of the benchmarks and the settings. You can clearly see that yes, the 555 does take a performance hit between 720 and 1080p. This also clearly shows that games ARE playable at 1080p settings.

BFBC2 gameplay shows an average of over 60fps at 1080p on high settings (shadows low). The action is heavy so nobody can say "but he was staring at the ground" BS either.

Is the nvidia 555 going to turn water into wine and part the sea, nope. Absolutely not. Is it going to provide gameplay at resolutions up to 1080p? Yes, it does that.

The Nvidia 555mGT

@720p - plays games at high/max settings

@900p - plays games at medium/high settings

@1080p - plays games at MEDIUM/high settings

(link to the clip itself just in case... YouTube - ‪stevenxowens792's Channel‬‏ )

http://www.youtube.com/user/stevenxowens792?feature=mhee#p/a/u/0/dHnPEDRv_LQ

Feel free to cross post ahem..

Edited by Stevenxowens792
  • Thumbs Up 2

Here are some screenshots and a video I made that shows the performance capabilities of the nvidia 555mGT. I am tired of hearing that the 555 gets "raped" by the 460 and of course the 560. It is natural that the 560 should be faster but the 555 is actually close to equal to the 460 when overclocked regardless of the GDDR5.

The video shows Just Cause 2, Metro 2033 and Battlefield Bad Company 2. Just cause and Metro are just screen shots of the benchmarks and the settings. You can clearly see that yes, the 555 does take a performance hit between 720 and 1080p. This also clearly shows that games ARE playable at 1080p settings.

BFBC2 gameplay shows an average of over 60fps at 1080p on high settings (shadows low). The action is heavy so nobody can say "but he was staring at the ground" BS either.

Is the nvidia 555 going to turn water into wine and part the sea, nope. Absolutely not. It is going to provide gameplay at resolutions up to 1080p? Yes, it does that.

The Nvidia 555mGT

@720p - plays games at high/max settings

@900p - plays games at medium/high settings

@1080p - plays games at MEDIUM/high settings

(link to the clip itself just in case... YouTube - stevenxowens792's Channel ‏ )

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/user/stevenxowens792?feature=mhee#p/a/u/0/dHnPEDRv_LQ

Feel free to cross post ahem.. darkphase

Nice work. Thanks a lot.

That's my son. He loves to see the alienware stuff (lights) and he loves watching video games. He can't really play much yet, except the ipod touch which he likes to do a lot. He likes the WII and thinks he is playing it but he's just on the little podium thingy. Thanks for watching!