Y510P Display Driver Keeps Crashing

WireMesh

So I have been running the newest Nvidia drivers for a month now and no hiccups until today. I was using my laptop about as normal (no excessive load) and suddenly it froze then popped up with a notification that my display driver had crashed. I was in the middle of something, so I finished up my project (with this happening around every minute) and then I shut down my laptop in hopes of fixing the problem. I have now rebooted and it still happens every minute or so. Any suggestions? It couldn't be the drivers since I have run them so long with no issue... did one of my graphics cards crap out?

Reference image:

bGl7y7H.png

Did you update to the beta driver or the official driver? I updated to the beta drivers and it was giving me problems the same as you. If you are on the official drivers the. Uninstall your driver and reinstall it. You have the 750m or 755m sli?

Did you update to the beta driver or the official driver? I updated to the beta drivers and it was giving me problems the same as you. If you are on the official drivers the. Uninstall your driver and reinstall it. You have the 750m or 755m sli?

It is the beta driver from a month ago and worked perfectly until yesterday. 750M SLI. My work conditions are 85 - 90 degrees and the laptop would always be very hot which makes me think one of the cards bit the dust.

It is the beta driver from a month ago and worked perfectly until yesterday. 750M SLI. My work conditions are 85 - 90 degrees and the laptop would always be very hot which makes me think one of the cards bit the dust.

Uninstall the beta driver then install the official working driver. Clean your fans just to be sure :)

try to install the lastest drivers they have that are not beta so download a stable build of the driver and if that doesnt help then i woul suggest you to reinstall windows all over again and make sure you back up your data

I think maybe a combo of a few responses here. Combine high temps and the need for higher voltages at high temps as well as beta driver it may be all of the above. Trying the WHQl drivers really may be a best bet and trying to keep those gpus cooler while. Maybe it has a bad factory paste job? I would lean toward driver first then temps maybe causing need for more than stock voltage...

• 1 month later...

for the gamer (jon7701): try NVIDIA GeForce Experience to make your game settings. Controlling your autostart (win + R; "msconfig") disable everything you do not need. maybe it helps !?

another thing: do you work with one card or two cards in SLI?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm also facing similar issue. Searched the web for awhile... Till now couldnt solve the issue.

If not driver it could be issue with undervoltage, does your screen flicker or someting?

I heard that other solve it by trying to underclock GPU and memory.. I

Usually I get these messages when voltage is too low (when I undervolt). So, I give more voltage and it runs fine.

May i know how did you adjust the Voltage?

My unit is Y400 Single GT750M running on Unlocked BIOS by Svl7

according to the GPUz,

Clock: 1058 MHz

Memory: 2499 MHz

Voltage: 1.081v

The above score is when i running burn test with Furmark. Thus am i right to say it is undervoltaged?

May i know how did you adjust the Voltage?

My unit is Y400 Single GT750M running on Unlocked BIOS by Svl7

according to the GPUz,

Clock: 1058 MHz

Memory: 2499 MHz

Voltage: 1.081v

The above score is when i running burn test with Furmark. Thus am i right to say it is undervoltaged?

I use NVIDIA Inspector 1.9.7.2 to undervolt. Please be careful then OVERvolting, if you run over 1.1V watch your temperatures and do it VERY carefully. Undervoltage on the other hand would not damage it - driver would crash or PC would turn off.

I use NVIDIA Inspector 1.9.7.2 to undervolt. Please be careful then OVERvolting, if you run over 1.1V watch your temperatures and do it VERY carefully. Undervoltage on the other hand would not damage it - driver would crash or PC would turn off.

Thanks for your feedback. I guess it has more to do to my hardware defects than software.

I ran OCCT GPU stress test after your advice against furmark and found more than 10k error being generated in less than 10 min.

Thanks.

I used to face this "Display driver has stopped working" error earlier. However, recently it doesnt come up any more. I think upgrading the drivers solves the issue since all my stuff is up to date. Either the video driver, or one of windows updates.

• Thumbs Up 1