32 GB Kingston HyperX 1866MHz DDR3 PC3-14900 RAM shows as PC3-14200

Phoenix

I bought 8x4 Kingston HyperX 1866MHz DDR3 PC3-14900 RAM but it shows as PC3-14200 in CPU-Z and the speed is 1777MHz. instead of 1866 MHz.

I tried to set the clock speed manually to 1866 in the BIOS overclocking options but it doesn't change anything when I actually boot into Windows.

Why is it showing my RAM slower than what it should be?

I am on BIOS A08 if that matters, then I tried flashing back to A05, same result :(

20zbixh.jpg

Most memory clock reading programs do that. It really is running 933.

This is what I mean...why does it show 935 MHz. for DRAM frequency but it shows 888 MHz. for the SPD frequency and showing PC14200??

zk25ah.png

2z4kzfa.png

Cpu-z is stupid. Your memory is just fine.

The SPD tab is showing the timings (somewhat wrong) that should be programmed into the SPD chip. They do not indicate the frequency/timings the memory is actually running at (that can be seen in memory tab).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Thumbs Up 1

The SPD tab is showing the timings (somewhat wrong) that should be programmed into the SPD chip. They do not indicate the frequency/timings the memory is actually running at (that can be seen in memory tab).

I see, thanks a lot man I was very worried

- - - Updated - - -

I see, thanks a lot man I was very worried

I just checked with HWinfo and it actually gave the correct reading!

how the heck can CPU-Z be so stupid! along with SPECCY, and AlienAutopsy! They all reported my RAM running @ 1777 MHz. and alarmed me!

s1i4nc.jpg