EwinRacing Flash Series Gaming Chairs
Vezon-7

whats the best wireless card for a labtop

I need the fastest money is not an issue here I want to be on wifi and play CS:GO with super low ping but I can only do that now when I connect it via LAN

any wifi card out there thats stupid fast

The Intel 7260AC is one of the better internals on the market. You will have to have a Router/AP that supports simultaneous 2.4/5 GHz operation, but he theoretical throughput is close to 1Gbps.

Not sure what your throughput potential is end-to-end, but this should get you close.

Depending on the laptop, you might not be able to support 3 antennas as several wireless cards would require for optimal performance

I don't find better WI-FI Adapter, than Intel 7260, but it's very hard to find in our country.. Has anyone other adapters with the same speed?

HI there,

have you considered opting for a usb wi-fi dongle - the Netgear A6200 does a good job? - not an internal card but saves the hassle of stripping down the PC and voiding your warranty!

I can personally vouch that the Killer Cards do have high capacity (when they work) my current one drops connection here and there and is fixed usually only by reboot, which can be a little inconvenient. I haven't much experience with any recent Intel cards but from what I've read their drivers tend to be a little more stable

I bought Intel Ac7260, but i found out that i have to mod my bios in order to install it. I have a Lenovo Y500.

• Thumbs Up 1

For older laptops with the mini-PCIe (x1) slot the Intel 7260 is IMHO the best WiFi card available.

For newer laptops with the NGFF slot the Intel 8260 is probably the best card widely available.

• Thumbs Up 1

On ‎07‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 8:45 AM, aaacccddddd said:

I bought Intel Ac7260, but i found out that i have to mod my bios in order to install it. I have a Lenovo Y500.

I got the same problem with my Y510P

• Thumbs Up 1

Most Dual band cards are decent to good, I wouldn't go near anything that has a single channel.

Laptops do have limitations when it comes to Wireless, if its used relatively close to your router you should be gold, personally I use the Ethernet on my laptop if I'm gaming or need a stable connection, not that the wireless is bad, it's great, but you can't beat the ethernet for speed and stability.

Most Tech manuals offer alternative parts (including compatible wireless cards) I wouldn't steer to far from those in case of compatibility issues.

I agree with themunchkinman. Eventhough his/her post is over four years old, Intel 7260AC is still one of the best internal wlan cards

On 1/6/2021 at 7:34 PM, AndyHIP said:

any experience with the MPE-AX3000H card?

On 1/6/2021 at 7:34 PM, AndyHIP said:

This card looks great in terms of parameters and offers over 3000Mbps, 2400Mbps for 5GHz and 574Mbps for 2.4GHz. It is important to know that this card can work on systems with Windows 10 and for older versions, as 7, 8 according to the description will not work.
Otherwise, as colleagues mentioned Intel 7260HMW is a very good choice, which should work on older operating systems, such as Windows 7, which is still used by many users.