AW14 audio via HDMI?

Hi,

I have both an M14xR1 and an AW14 here, and when I plug my M14x into the TV the audio "just works" over HDMI to the TV, not so with the AW14. Video is fine, but audio just comes out of the internal speakers. I'm probably overlooking a simple setting somewhere, any ideas?

Thanks.

Have you installed the latest Nvidia drivers? The driver for the audio is tied in with it (pretty sure). Check you audio devices in device manager and see if there is anything in there.

This is my desktop, but iirc it's the same on the AW. I don't have the AW14, and sold off my m14xR2 soooooo pretty much on you to figure out sadly (or wait for another member to help ya out:

cKWeLeQ.png

Hopefully that at least gets you started.

If that doesn't work try checking in the Sound - Playback devices and see if the HDMI stuff shows up there. You could try setting those as default once it's all plugged in to see if it'll force it's way to route audio out. You'll have to restart the program if you change devices or else it'll persist on the one output (your speakers).

ROeiMmd.png

Good luck @@!

• Thumbs Up 1

Well for my Situation . I usually get the Audio pop when I plugged in the HDMI and I chose the whatever is the output of my HDMI which in my case was my TV .

Did you get some audio pop ?

I also agreed with angerthosenear there

Propabably want to check your Playback settings and set you TV to default to make it work .

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...