[Guide] Installing AMD Radeon 6970M in your M17x-R2 (Single GPU and CrossfireX)

ichime

The voltage and the 2d clocks. The 2d clocks were on 100/100 which is too low, it will cause crashes and artefacts.

In case the programmer which I ordered works for the EEPROM I can try the unmodified vbios as well, but I really doubt it will work.

The system didn't POST anymore, I doubt this is related to the voltage, but as I said, I could try it again in case I can successfully revive the card.

• 1 month later...

Hi, where's Ike C. or anybody? I followed this guide and installed 2 x 6970M cards in Alienware R2. The cards came from Clevo P150HM. However, they don't work in CRX. ATI catalist panel says something wrong with CRX bridge. I tried anything like checking cables, different drivers, no use. Can anyone help?

Hi, where's Ike C. or anybody? I followed this guide and installed 2 x 6970M cards in Alienware R2. The cards came from Clevo P150HM. However, they don't work in CRX. ATI catalist panel says something wrong with CRX bridge. I tried anything like checking cables, different drivers, no use. Can anyone help?

Since they came from a P150HM, you have to flash both cards to the modded VBIOS or the original X7200 VBIOS (preferable to use the modded VBIOS, however) in order to get Crossfire to work. Part 3 of the guide shows you how to do this. The VBIOS the P150HM 6970M does not support Crossfire.