Upgrading P150SM-A Graphics Card?

DMC

Has anyone upgraded a Graphics card on the P150SM-A? i have at the moment a 870m (6GB version) but would like to know if its possible to upgrade to the 880m? Also is it worth it? or could i OC the 870m using Perma BIOS and what would be best prog to do the OC?

The reason i ask is the shop i bought it from does not give this upgrade as an option (but was available on initial buy), also the cards are readily available from well known e-bidding sites.

I have done this lots with desktops but not Laptops

If it is possible, is it a simple swap (including re-pasting) or more in dept bios settings etc?

Just Curious and like tinkering!

Thanks in advance

Upgrading to a Clevo GTX880M is no problem on this model. You could also OC the GTX870M with NVIDIA Inspector...and use a (future) vBIOS Mod to do so further.

• 1 month later...

Probably wouldn't upgrade 870 to 880 unless you have managed to find a great deal on the the 880 card - wait a few months ( hopefully only a few months) and look into upgrading to the high end Maxwells if you're simply after performance boost.. and money isn't an object :beguiled:

• 4 weeks later...

Dont mean to bring this thread back from the dead, but My question is along these lines. In the future I wanted to upgrade the gtx 880m in the P150sm. Has anybody here heard if the form factor and interface will be the same for the gtx 980M? Ive been searching everywhere and cant seem to find any information on it. I understand its still quite some time til its supposed release, just wondering if anybody hear has heard.

I was wondering this too. However, if the M295X comes out first, I believe it will be relatively better than the GTX 880M that I currently own. (2k shader cores apparently). Will it still be on the MXM 3.0b slot? And will the clevo BIOS be compatible with it.

The 9 series cards come only later next year, but there is no technical reason to moove to a new MXM standard. Still plenty of bandwidth unused.

• 2 months later...