EXP GDC Beast/Ares-V7/V6 discussion

hello i want to have [h=1]EXP GDC Beast paired with gtx 750ti now i want to know if my laptop dc of 19v*4.75a is enough as power suplly for this build[/h]ps : gtx 750ti max power conseption as the reviews say is about 65 -70 watt [h=1][/h]

hello i want to have [h=1]EXP GDC Beast paired with gtx 750ti now i want to know if my laptop dc of 19v*4.75a is enough as power suplly for this build[/h]ps : gtx 750ti max power conseption as the reviews say is about 65 -70 watt [h=1][/h]

Your 19V laptop AC adapter cannot power the EXP GDC DC jack since it needs a 12V input.

We already knew the unfit list:

Lenovo E530,L430,E43,U410, E49,K49;

HP 5310M,HP H533OM 6910;

Asus A53XI241SV-SL,X8dij,K53SD,N55SF<e style="color: red;">,</e>N75;

Acer 4739z;

HASEE ui45 EVI4;

Haier T68.

nando this is my laptop does that mean i can not make it work with EXP GDC Beast

RE: http://forum.techinferno.com/implementation-guides-pc/9762-17-acer-v3-771g-gtx970%404gbps-mpcie2-exp-gdc-beast-win7-64-%5Brgpu%5D.html#post131272

nice one, 4 gts is default rates right? i means the previous one is 2.5 gts and with the newest beast series featured a 4 gts speed, doesn't have to config or get another cable for the 4gts?

The in-memory versus registry DSDT override would accomplish the same thing either neither decreasing stability relative to each other. In which case it seems you have an issue elsewhere.

Your system isn't Gen2 capable so no signalling issue relating to that. You are running a GTX260 which is a power hungry card. Maybe test another PSU and/or video card?

I bought gtx 970 gigabyte g1 gaming and it is working without issues, turn out the gtx 260 had some issuse, that's why I was getting black screen, video distorsion, freeze while playing or idle. Now I use the gtx 970 with setup 1.30 working without problems.

Hi guys! I just received my EXP GDC Beast and I'm trying to set it up with a GTX970. Sadly things are not going well.The fans on the GPU are spinning, its LED are lighten but the adaptor only has a red led on and Windows does not list the new card. My notebook is a Medion Erazer x6816 (MD97972) Have you some idea about what could be wrong? Any suggestions or any leads I could follow would be greatly appreciated.

Just cover every angle, I'm using an external 600W ATX PSU plugged onto the 8Pin connector trough the adaptor provided within the EXP GDC Beast package. I've also connected a 6Pin connector to the GPU (to make sure it has enough power) is everything properly connected?

Hi,

I'm a newbie here .. please bear with me.

I have bought the EXP GDC Beast

and connected to

my laptop Acer Aspire 4736

-Processors-

Intel® Core2 Duo CPU T6600 @ 2.20GHz : 1200,00MHz

Intel® Core2 Duo CPU T6600 @ 2.20GHz : 2200,00MHz

internal GPU: Intel Corporation Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics Controller [8086:2a42] (rev 07) (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])

EXP GDC Beast

eGPU : Digital Alliance ATI Radeon HD 4350 (512MB, PCIe 2.0)

I could not find anywhere whether the new device was detected (BIOS InsydeH2O, Linux Ubuntu 14.04 LTS, or DOS).

Can you please help me?

Thank you.

Hi!

I am new here, I have ordered EXP GDC Beast already but I can not decide which GPU should I choice, hope you will give me some advice.

My setup:

Lenovo y580

CPU: i7 3630qm

RAM: 16 GB,

Power supply for EXP GDC: DELL DA-2 220W.

I was thinking about MSI GTX 960 ARMOR2 and GIGABYTE GTX 970 WindForce3.

Which one should I pick? WILL BE DA-2 220W enough for this?

Thank you for answers.

I have an Asus G75VW-DS71 with a Thunderbolt port. What I want to do is hook up an EXP GDC Beast (ExpressCard version) to that port via the Sonnet Echo ExpressCard Pro Thunderbolt adapter. An example of what this would look like: http://forum.techinferno.com/implementation-guides-apple/4271-2013-11-macbook-air-gtx570%404gbps-c-tbec2-pe4l-2-1b-win7-%5Bkloper%5D.html. The only difference between kloper's setup and the one I am thinking of, other than him using a Mac, is that he is using a Bplus PE4L instead of a EXP GDC.

Assuming I have a compatible GPU and PSU, is there any reason why this poential setup wouldn't work?

I have an Asus G75VW-DS71 with a Thunderbolt port. What I want to do is hook up an EXP GDC Beast (ExpressCard version) to that port via the Sonnet Echo ExpressCard Pro Thunderbolt adapter. An example of what this would look like: http://forum.techinferno.com/implementation-guides-apple/4271-2013-11-macbook-air-gtx570%404gbps-c-tbec2-pe4l-2-1b-win7-%5Bkloper%5D.html. The only difference between kloper's setup and the one I am thinking of, other than him using a Mac, is that he is using a Bplus PE4L instead of a EXP GDC.

Assuming I have a compatible GPU and PSU, is there any reason why this poential setup wouldn't work?

Because http://forum.techinferno.com/enclosures-adapters/7205-us%24189-akitio-thunder2-pcie-box-16gbps-tb2.html

I'm having a hard time figuring out whether the Beast has resolved most Gen2 signaling issues or not. I see some people using the V6/V7 to some success with various machines, including the 2570p, but there are others running into trouble, and I can't seem to figure out if the Beast is affected or not. I use a 2570p

I'm having a hard time figuring out whether the Beast has resolved most Gen2 signaling issues or not. I see some people using the V6/V7 to some success with various machines, including the 2570p, but there are others running into trouble, and I can't seem to figure out if the Beast is affected or not. I use a 2570p

See my comment favoring the PE4C V3.0 over EXP GDC at http://forum.techinferno.com/enclosures-adapters/7941-bplus-pe4c-3-x-2-x-discussion-10.html#post135249 for no-fuss Gen2 stability.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ty nando, your contributions are mainly what has been holding me back for going for the beast, because yours is pretty much the name to follow for eGPU DIY setups. The only problem is that getting the pe4C and enclosures for it is a huge hassle due to its lack of availability on amazon, thus incurring the much higher costs of purchase from bplus directly + customs costs etc.

Which is why I've been trying to collect more feedback on the (MUCH) more accessible for me Beast, which would cost me around 45 EUR (I already sourced a PSU for it), would arrive fast in europe and offers some easier enclosure options. But if I run into signalling issues... well, that would ruin everything.

*sigh* wallet, y u so small?

Hi!

I am new here, I have ordered EXP GDC Beast already but I can not decide which GPU should I choice, hope you will give me some advice.

My setup:

Lenovo y580

CPU: i7 3630qm

RAM: 16 GB,

Power supply for EXP GDC: DELL DA-2 220W.

I was thinking about MSI GTX 960 ARMOR2 and GIGABYTE GTX 970 WindForce3.

Which one should I pick? WILL BE DA-2 220W enough for this?

Thank you for answers.

i have GTX 970 WF3XOC and Dell DA-2 can handle this, 970 is the best choice :)

i have GTX 970 WF3XOC and Dell DA-2 can handle this, 970 is the best choice :)

EXP GDC BEAST has 6 PIN connection for additional power supply but GTX 970 WF3 requires 6 PIN + 8 PIN connection. So if I plug 6 PIN to EXP GDC and both cable ends which are 6 PIN and 8 PIN to GTX, will it work properly?

Hi all. Im a very noob. I got Asus K43s and EXP GDC V6. I connect it through pcie port by taking out my wifi card. Unfortunately, i got blue screen after the windows loading. I format my computer and try again. now my laptor restart after the windows loading. I also play with the CTD and PTD switch but still no luck.

I go through this thread but did not find my any answer but i saw some post that mention DSDT overide and setup 1.3 and wonder what is that.

Can someone help me with this, guide, any links or anything. Im just a new member of this forums. Thanks.

EXP GDC BEAST has 6 PIN connection for additional power supply but GTX 970 WF3 requires 6 PIN + 8 PIN connection. So if I plug 6 PIN to EXP GDC and both cable ends which are 6 PIN and 8 PIN to GTX, will it work properly?

It will be OK, bro

post-35773-14495000265562_thumb.jpg

Just recived my EXP GDC mPCIe today.

Installed it, card boots perfectly, no errors, card is found in device managers, and all is okay.

Internal gtx 860m disabled, but if connecting an external monitor to the egpu, is no screen found... ?

I'm trying to get a gtx 660ti to boot on my w230ss.

Specs:

i7 4702mq

16gb 1666 mhz crucial

480 gb msata ssd

gtx 860m 2gb

Hello. I'm not sure if this is the right place, but I need help in setting up EXP GDC Beast. So far, my laptop can detect the egpu. I download the graphics card driver for it (gtx 280) and after I install it, I do a reboot. I then get stuck on a black screen. I have a dell latitude 7240, please help.