Lenovo Y500 problem with SLI

prostomp

Good day to everybody, sorry for my language,it`s not my native =)

I have an issue with my y500, firstly I found the problem playing games, I noted that main graphics card is heating and working very good, but the second one 650M, is not very hot.

I tried to made a test using Furmark, and the test showed that GPU load of second videocard is 0, however the first is loaded 99%, SLI is on, I can see both cards in device manager, total video memory is

4Gb, operating system is Windows 8.1 x64.

Hope for your help.Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

i likely assume you are german so dual language but english first:

Try updating drivers, de- and reinstalling them and on worst case beta drivers but handle the last one with care, it wont work that well in most cases!

Also go to your nvidia settings and change under "3D and SLI" SLI to enabled, this is often forgotten!

Else a reason could be the games you want to run arent supported by SLI profiles from nvidia, if so its unlikely they will support two graphics cards unless nvidia delivers and proper sli profile (most likely the case for older games, newer ones often work kinda well out of the box.

last thing it could be hardware defect, in that case lenovo support is your first help

German: Treiber entfernen und neuinstallieren, updaten oder falls das alles nicht geht den betatreiber ausprobieren, aber sei vorsichtig: betatreiber funktionieren nicht immer!

Ausserdem probiere in den nvidia Systemeinstellungen (rechtsklick aufs nvidia symbol) unter "3D und SLI" oder einem ähnlich benannten eintrag (SLI) SLI zu de- und zu reaktivieren, manchmal kommt es vor dass vergessen wurde es hier einzuschalten!

je nach alter/art des spiels könnte es auch sein dass das spiel kein SLI unterstützt oder nvidia kein sli profil mitliefert (siehe minecraft und ähnliches), aber auch ältere sind davon betroffen (neue gehen meist out of the box)

Ansosnten wird die grafikkarte wohl nen defekt haben, in dem fall frag beim Lenovo support

• 2 weeks later...
If you're not planing to OC anything - here's official guide.

Now let's say someone is trying to OC their Y500 running the 750m in SLI on Windows 8.1. Where could I find the guide on how to do this? I was checking through that whitelist thread but the latest version for vBios is 2.04, which I've seen on that thread since early December if I recall correctly.

Now let's say someone is trying to OC their Y500 running the 750m in SLI on Windows 8.1. Where could I find the guide on how to do this? I was checking through that whitelist thread but the latest version for vBios is 2.04, which I've seen on that thread since early December if I recall correctly.

No guide, sorry. You just have to flash your BIOS to 2.02 or 2.04 and overclock via NVIDIA Inspector.

• 5 months later...