My First Clevo (P150SM-A) and Questions

xxblazerxx1

Hi, I just got my Clevo P150SM-A today and I have a question. Is it normal for the fans to be randomly going on and off while simply web browsing? My temps average around 40 C and for some reason it becomes obnoxiously loud randomly. To note, I also have turbo boost disabled.

While were at it, can anyone provide me with the fingerprint driver? I opted for a HDD Caddy in place of the DVD drive so I can't really install the driver from there and the driver isn't posted in their official website.

Thanks in advance!

Okay, after talking with Sager support I found out the temperature threshold for fans to kick in was 55 C for both CPU and GPU. The reason why my fans turn on and off randomly is because temps only slightly dip past 55 C (57 Max) before dropping back to mid 40s due to fans. However, as temps drop back to 40s the fans turn off repeating the cycle, though fans stay on for quite a while after reaching mid 40s making it seem like the fans are randomly acting up. Hope that helps anyone that sees this.

Fantastic! I was starting to have this issue with the fans randomly kicking in and was thinking that I got a poor ICD7 job from the factory. My temp gauges are showing exactly the behavior above. Thanks for the info!

• 11 months later...

Yep, Prema's custom bios work for my P150SM-A.

Another to potentially watch-out for is whether and application is using the dedicated GPU (dGPU) or integrated GPU (iGPU).

One particular case where this may occur is when you've associated javaw.exe to run with your dGPU to improve the performance of Minecraft, but then also using other normal Java applications and thus still triggering the dGPU to be activated.