GPU problems.

post-16595-14494997409361_thumb.png

Hi. Sorry for the visual overload but I figured as much information as possible would help.

When I start playing games the GPU core clock starts at 745 MHz then drops to 600-660 MHz about two minutes or so in and stutters to death with loud buzzing sounds.

Temperatures are usually about 80C so I can't think of a cause for this. I dunno what to do, anybody know what is wrong? Thanks.

When I tried the game of my HD 4000 graphics which has a clock of 650 MHz it was going as high as 1150 MHz. I dunno what that means either.

post-16595-14494997409584_thumb.jpg

post-16595-14494997409893_thumb.png

post-16595-14494997410093_thumb.png

[ATTACH]11251[/ATTACH][ATTACH]11252[/ATTACH][ATTACH]11253[/ATTACH][ATTACH]11250[/ATTACH]

Hi. Sorry for the visual overload but I figured as much information as possible would help.

When I start playing games the GPU core clock starts at 745 MHz then drops to 600-660 MHz about two minutes or so in and stutters to death with loud buzzing sounds.

Temperatures are usually about 80C so I can't think of a cause for this. I dunno what to do, anybody know what is wrong? Thanks.

When I tried the game of my HD 4000 graphics which has a clock of 650 MHz it was going as high as 1150 MHz. I dunno what that means either.

First I would recommend giving more information such as your setup and environment so we can visualize. Next I would recommend to get some software to monitor the GPU stats such as NvidiaInspector and log the GPU speed, voltage, temp and see what trends its setting to hypothesize whats happening. Could be driver issue, bad ventilation/cooling or faulty card, the only way is to track it and use the process of elimination in most cases. There seem to be many knowledgeable members here so I am sure with the right info someone can lend some valuable advice.

I don't game but I have had graphic issues of studdering and lockups that was caused by hardware acceleration in Firefox.

I assume that function in other programs may also cause problems. Something to check.

80c is on the hot side but shouldn't cause instability like that. The gpu is probably down clocking itself because of the heat so that seems normal. Like GTVEVO said we need to know abit more before anyone can help.

• 2 weeks later...

Do you have a Desktop or a Laptop, for a laptop 80 degrees is acceptable since, laptops tend to be hot. I had a laptop (Asus N55SF) aswell with high temperature issues.

How I fixed this was to dissemble my laptop and cleaned all the dust inside. What I found out was that the thermal paste was already dried, so no wonder it couldn't cool.

Applied new thermal paste (arctic silver 5) and my problem was solved.

• 2 weeks later...
I don't game but I have had graphic issues of studdering and lockups that was caused by hardware acceleration in Firefox.

I assume that function in other programs may also cause problems. Something to check.

So we're talking 80 C during web browsing? If so, that's high. 80 C is "safe," but excessive for Firefox (even with hardware acceleration).

Check for: Clogged vents and fans, and remove your current driver and reinstall the most current.