PhysX set to eGPU improves CoD game performance!!

d4m1r

Hey guys, recently came upon something that I thought I would share for others out there with the same issue....

Basically, I've had my eGPU setup for months and most of the games I play have been working perfectly (DX11, 1080p, 60+ fps). Some of these games include WoW, Bad Company 2, and other fairly recent titles. However, some older games have not worked properly this whole time. Those included CoD2/4/5 in particular. Even on 1600x900, no AA, etc I was struggling to maintain a stable 20+ FPS which confused me because they are less demanding than the other games that ran perfectly fine at max settings. Anyway, I seem to have finally tracked down the problem and it seems to be limited to the Call of Duty games I listed running off an eGPU setup.

To investigate this problem, I went into the Nvidia control panel and noticed the Physx configuration was set to auto select, with my Core i5 and 650Ti both visible. I manually set it to the 650Ti and viola! All my CoD games running perfectly maxed out @ 1080p! I figured autoselect was the better option thinking the software would choose which option is better in terms of performance but it seems you will get better performance overall if you manually specify to only use the eGPU for Physx.

My $0.02.

• Thumbs Up 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.