Y510P Fail to detect Ultrabay graphic card...Driving me insane

Reipete

So here's the situation guys....I bought a GT750M5 Ultrabay from a reliable dealer that I know, and plugged it in. However, apparently the system fails to detect it, the second card cannot be shown at device manager, I tried to update vBios through the lenovo official website and crap...it saids something like EEPROM not found, MINDBLOWN.

So, i gave my laptop to this friend of mine to fix it, he updated the bios to 2.07 and nothing is fixed except this time, the system with the SLI cannot be started, after i pushed power button, black screen appears (not even the "lenovo" word) but, without the SLI the system works fine and normal startups can be made. MINDBLOWN again.

This situation is really irritating me as I tried every method and nothing is working... Really appreciate any help from you guys!!

Check my thread, basically the ultrabay 750m5 card is incompatible with the Y510p despite what the website says. I have a 40 page long forum post in the Lenovo forums and a huge amount of posts about it over at Notebook review forums. Sorry but there is nothing you can do to make it work.

• 4 weeks later...

Even with an 120w it would at least register if there wasn't a problem with the card itself, you just wouldn't be able to use it long before something fried or powered down. I know while I was waiting for my 170w to come in I was able to verify my ultrabay card worked using my 120 adapter.

How much did you pay for your GT750M5? I don't know if this will work, but Lenovo offers a GT755m5 for $99 when you buy a Y510P. So if you didn't buy yours too long ago, try calling sales and asking if they'll still give you one for the discounted price.

• 2 weeks later...