Ben Q XL2420Z

jonmorris04

Hi all,

I recently purchased a Ben Q XL2420Z for about half off MSRP. I read reviews of how horrible the color is, but decided I'd try it out anyway. The color is...horrible. The latency of the display is fantastic, but the color is just an absolute joke and everything is washed out. My question is this, do you think a color calibration tool would actually help a display that is this bad from the onset?

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Calibration can only do so much. So the answer is likely no. Colour calibration is to bring a monitor in line with accepted standard/as close as can be to perfect colour, however it can't do anything for a monitor that can't produce the necessary colours in the first place.

• 1 month later...

What do you recommend for the calibration? I've got the XL2720Z and the colors on it are also terrible. When I put the same image up on an old Dell U2410 the BEN-Q looks terrible... the blacks are a light gray and the yellow is an off white / cream color.

• 9 months later...