Nvidia GTX 765M Alienware M15x

dantistruct

So I have had my Nvidia GTX 765m installed into my M15x for quite some time now and have been pleased with it ever since. I recently had to reformat my laptop sadly, when I restored windows 8 back onto my laptop. I notice that the gpu isn't installing. I did not try to reflash it or tamper with the Vbios, because I did not want to go there if I don't need to / screw up what was already flashed onto it. I have tried my modded nvidia drivers they don't work. any idea what I can do to solve this? I miss my card and miss using it.

This is the error I get:

post-16078-14494997235747_thumb.jpg

So I have had my Nvidia GTX 765m installed into my M15x for quite some time now and have been pleased with it ever since. I recently had to reformat my laptop sadly, when I restored windows 8 back onto my laptop. I notice that the gpu isn't installing. I did not try to reflash it or tamper with the Vbios, because I did not want to go there if I don't need to / screw up what was already flashed onto it. I have tried my modded nvidia drivers they don't work. any idea what I can do to solve this? I miss my card and miss using it.

This is the error I get:

[ATTACH]10957[/ATTACH]

Already explained this,

- Windows 8 - disable driver signing.

Command Prompt (Admin) Win key + X Type:

bcdedit /set {current} testsigning yes

-> "The operation completed successfully">reboot>Install drivers.

Exit test mode, cmd (admin).

bcdedit /set {current} testsigning no

->reboot.

Next time, open nvdmi.inf (notepad) CTRL+H -> Find What: 05AE Replace With: 02A2 -> Hit replace all -> Save.

First step Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) V12.3 first uninstall option (safe mode)

• Thumbs Up 2

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes i have with no problems, until i restored windows 7 back onto my computer. now i cant update my graphics card drivers and also I would get a white screen on start up unless i disabled intergrated HD Audio in the bios. so yeah :(

Yes i have with no problems, until i restored windows 7 back onto my computer. now i cant update my graphics card drivers and also I would get a white screen on start up unless i disabled intergrated HD Audio in the bios. so yeah :(

For the driver installation see the post of @J95 above.

About the white screen issue - that's just a matter of drivers. Nvidia still didn't fix that, I recommend you send them a bug report.

The issue can be resolved by installing the drivers in the proper order, I got it working on my M15x with the 780m.

• Thumbs Up 2