Hotkey Windows 8.1 Issues

sl44n3sh

Hi guys...,

...Am I the only one who finds continuing problems of incompatibility with hotkeys and windows 8.1 ??? (O.s legit win 8.1 fully updated)

I tried both with the win version 8.1 (last 80135 ), and the win version 8 ( 80135 )

but also the win version 8.1 ( 80134 ) and the win version 8 ( 80134 ) but I still have problems .

In particular, very often the notebook starts with the brightness at minimum , only after a few seconds the brightness back to my saved setting .

Sometimes the keyboard backlight remains off , I have to open the program and activate it manually.

Sometimes appears an error ( microsoft . Net or unhandled exception ) , and the program is minimized , and if I try to open it, remains active on the taskbar but I can open the window.

Sometimes it starts without problems.

I'm going crazy :64:.

Really should I choose between : windows 8.1 but have incompatible hotkey or downgrade to Windows 8 in order to use hotkey ????

There is a valid alternative to hotkeys?

p.s I also tried the mod graphics, but even with that reflected the usual problems .

Me too worked fine before installing the version 80135. Then it started to create problems, including uninstalling and reinstalling the previous version.

I think the problem is in the 80135, so at this point it remains only the formatting. :52_002:

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe update your .net framework?

Yeah :(

.net is on last version.. i try to update flash. java, windows update.....but nothing..

So the Bios Update fixed your problem?

I have the same issue, but am a bit paranoid about updating my BIOS as my last laptop bricked after a bad BIOS update

yes! it seems all work with update to last bios!!

No more error at startup and all the functions*work!*now also saves*all settings (brightness, energy saving,keyboardlight*mode)

u can find an excellent flashing guide create by prema on this forum or u can go direclty on main site ( http://PremaMod.com/ )

p.s ..as you*make a*flash...* put*directly*the premamod*bios!! :D :D

Inviato dal mio GT-I9505 con Tapatalk 2

yes! it seems all work with update to last bios!!

No more error at startup and all the functions*work!*now also saves*all settings (brightness, energy saving,keyboardlight*mode)

u can find an excellent flashing guide create by prema on this forum or u can go direclty on main site ( Prema Mod | Giving You the freedom of choice )

p.s ..as you*make a*flash...* put*directly*the premamod*bios!! :D :D

Inviato dal mio GT-I9505 con Tapatalk 2

Cheers Mate, looks exactly like the info I need!

Hi peoples,

I'm having trouble with the hot key app in Win7. The app works fine and the hot keys seem too as well but every time I'm in a game I tend to hit the caps lock key and the game is minimized. Or if I change the volume it flashes back to the desktop then back in to game. Now this all works but boy is it annoying. Is there any way to prevent the app from gaining focus or some other fix while still being able to use the hot keys?

Tanks for any input.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi peoples,

I'm having trouble with the hot key app in Win7. The app works fine and the hot keys seem too as well but every time I'm in a game I tend to hit the caps lock key and the game is minimized. Or if I change the volume it flashes back to the desktop then back in to game. Now this all works but boy is it annoying. Is there any way to prevent the app from gaining focus or some other fix while still being able to use the hot keys?

Tanks for any input.

Just right click the hotkey on the taskbar, remove the tick on the K/B indicator. Done.

• 4 weeks later...

have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the latest hotkey driver? also make sure you are on the latest bios for your device... Prema's BIOS mods are really well done so I'd strongly recommend using them. You can find them in the sticky thread.