Change the fan speed depending on the temperature

sl44n3sh

Hi guys,

It's possible to change the fan speed depending on the temperature of the gpu and cpu?

Let me explain better ...

Often I leave the notebook downloading (emule, torrent, etc. ..) and use the energy-saving maximum (max 30% cpu usage, setting maximum energy savings etc. ..)

In this case the temperature of the cpu is around 30 ° C, and the temperature of the 2 GPU around 26-28 ° C) but the fans remain always active (at the minimum speed, but active)

It would be interesting to activate a "silent" mode when the GPU and CPU are very little used or unused (in the case of disabling the crossfire), for example less than 35 ° C the fans are off, just in case of exceeding 35 ° C reactivated. Or so I can leave the notebook on the night without noise and without creating unnecessary homemade tornadoes

Ah, the notebook is a Clevo P370SM :angel:

Again, the fans are controlled by the EC. All Clevo SM series official BIOSes releases went with a change of the EC, different fan slope trigger and levels... Primamod bios lets you choose between the old and the new, newer would not trigger if the CPU temp is less than 50, if it reaches that then fans will turn on till it reaches 40C. Older: if CPU temp is more than 40, the cpu fan will always be on, but half the first level of the newer EC, more silent. I'm currently using the old EC, fan is on all the time overnight downloading torrent, while the newer one that came was off all the time, CPU idle 45C with IC diamond thermal paste, room temp: 24C... But I used the old one for school, since level 1 is noisy, fan vibration at some low rpm increments...

Maybe a future add to Perma's BIOS could be fan adjustment?

Something like:

35< ==> 0 RPM (fan off - idle)

36-45 ==> 1273 RPM (fan slow speed - less cooling)

46-55 ==> 2643 RPM (fan mid speed - moderate cooling)

56-75 ==> 3135 RPM (fan higher speed - more cooling)

great idea.. manual setup speed fan.. on my desktop i can adjust speed fan from software "chillcontrol" (it's antec liquid cooler) by draw a graph (x = temperature and y= rpm fan )

Inviato dal mio GT-I9505 con Tapatalk 2

the real problem it' the smaller cpu fan on p370sm. The other fan (vga) are more bigger!!!!!! The cpu fan is microscopiccccc !!!! :banghead::mad::banghead:

Inviato dal mio GT-I9505 con Tapatalk 2