GTX 680M into P170HM ... need help / info

bigbenbeaubien

Hi guys

i bought this video card a few days ago (thinking it would work in my laptop)

Dell Nvidia Geforce GTX 680M Alienware M18XR2 M17XR4 Laptop Video Card 680M 2GB | eBay

I don't have my hands on it right now but i will get it soon.

I doubt that the card will work.

Do you guys think that this card will work in my laptop ?

Will i need to flash the video card bios to a new bios to make it work ?

Will i be able to flash the video card (blind flash) if my laptop does not detect it ?

My laptop does not have BIOS and EC up to date but i'm willing to update it if needed.

Clevo BIOS (older models)

Thanks for you help.

Well i was searching some things for you and i read the following things why this card won't boot in a clevo system:

- The clevo EC can't read the temperatures from the Dell card

- The clevo bios won't work in this dell card because the clevo version has 4gb and the dell version has 2gb, so flashing it to a clevo will brick it

It's some very bad news for you but you can better search for an clevo 680m and sell that card again. Or you could buy an Alienware...

EDIT: I also read that it is possible but there was no explenation, just one sentence that says that he had a dell 680m in his machine. Well, you can try it but i don't want to give you some false hope :)