M11x IPS display upgrade

foremi

• 9 months later...

HI !

What does it mean: 'On the R1 Brightness control apparently only works when the intel gpu is active." ??? If it's always on max I'm okay with that but if it's on 0 then it's a problem, something in between -  I would have to think about it... So how it is? Thanks

Edited by rojber44

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone been able to do this without having to modify the internal structure of the M11X display assembly? Looks like others have been successful with other manufacturers panels too.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/1/2022 at 9:39 AM, MikeHauser said:

unfortunatly i cant find the ips sreen anywhere. Would really appreciate a hint for a newer modell

I found myself a screen and touch set for the HP EliteBook 810 G2. This one uses excactly the LP116WH4 SLN2, and it's cheaper then the screen alone. You just need to carefully remove the touch panel, but its only fixed with a sticky foam rubber. 

I am so happy with this mod, especially with the matte display. Great value for money, lifts the M11x to a new level. 

The different variants of the LP116WH4 are not the same!! N1 for example has a much lower brightness! Only SL N2 is the one to go for. best regards, Simon

On 2/17/2022 at 11:10 PM, MikeHauser said:

I found myself a screen and touch set for the HP EliteBook 810 G2. This one uses excactly the LP116WH4 SLN2, and it's cheaper then the screen alone. You just need to carefully remove the touch panel, but its only fixed with a sticky foam rubber. 

I am so happy with this mod, especially with the matte display. Great value for money, lifts the M11x to a new level. 

The different variants of the LP116WH4 are not the same!! N1 for example has a much lower brightness! Only SL N2 is the one to go for. best regards, Simon

Did you happen to get any before and after photos? Would love to hear more on this mod.

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Matty B.

This mod is amazing! It is absolutely worth it. The colours, the brightness, the viewing angles... if you really like your M11x, and want to make it usable outside and watching videos or whatever, do it! 

Sorry i was not able to upload pics. 

Edited by MikeHauser

• 1 year later...