3DMark 11 low score for GT70 0NE with 680M

Bailante

Hi! Really hope you could point where I am making a mistake.

So this is a refurbished laptop (GT70 0NE with 680m 4GB) - for which majority on this forum gets at least around 5800-6000 3DMark 11 score... - I understand that before any overclocking.

My score is 4025

What I did:

1. Put power settings to "High performance mode"

2. In NVIDIA panel put the 680m as main card (and made sure it is 680m for 3dMark 11).

3. Closed all the programs (including antivirus)

4. Pressed Turbo and that Noisy Fan button on the laptop

Ran 3dMark 11 - and it still came up with the score of 4025

I logged the GPU-Z sensor this time. That's what it shows:

GPU temp was in range from 31-65 (over 55 mostly on that last test)

GPU Core Clock [MHz] - from 130 to max was 770.8 (again it drops lower, but during time that final test was happening)

GPU Memory Clock [MHz] - 162, 400 or 900 (same as above)

Memory usage - max was 1529 (didn't it have 4GB?)

VDDC - from 0.837 to 1.012 (1,012 for last 10 minutes of the test).

Any ideas would be most welcome!

Thank you!

Update. I also created these two graphs to show the CPU voltage and Mhz during this last Fire Strike Test:

post-23191-14494997105026_thumb.jpg

post-23191-14494997105445_thumb.jpg

I also tried to run the test with ThrottleStop 6.0 on, - it does not change the result.

I also downloaded MSI Afterburner and clocked to +135/+700 - and it showed up 4600 score... So it seems mine is just consistently lower than the benchmark by 1800-2000 points.

Would really appreciate some help! Not sure if I should return the laptop or if there is a way to fix it...

What are your CPU temps? Looks like turbo boost is running wild. Have you tried using Throttlestop?

Thank you for your response. I've tried to use Throttlestop 6.0 with it (I have checked EIST, C1E, Set Multiplier 63T - and also BD PROCHOT unchecked) - it shows Max CPU temp being at 66 C.

The score does not really changed.

I've noticed one really weird thing. When I would use MSI Afterburner to increase Core Clock (running stock BIOS) - lets say by 135 (max) - the core clock still stays at 758 for the entire duration of the test. GPUz shows the same thing - GPU Core clock staying at 757.7 all the time...

Why is that happening? And could this be connected to original issue with the score?

Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...

For me, installing new drivers only caused issues (video_tdr_failure i.e) that seemed like the vga had problems with heat managment, even tough gpu-z and furmark showed no problems with that ;/ trying older driver versions now

• 1 month later...

"GPU temp was in range from 31-65 (over 55 mostly on that last test)"

I was thinking about gpu throttling, but with this temps, it's impossible, did you run the test just after a reboot?

I have far better perfs after a reboot, and how is your gpu usage during the test?

Sometimes my gpu stay to 45/50% of usage on cryengine games, and I must reboot few time to get it back to its usuals 99/100%.