Metro 2034: Last Light

Fallout (3/NV I presume?) had much more depth and complexity but Metro2033 pushed the boundaries in graphics and realism (I totally hated the cracking gas mask though.. how sadistic of them to actually allow you to hold your breath for some 10 seconds knowing that it's nigh impossible to find a new mask in time..). Another case of apples and oranges I'd say :)

lol thats a very interesting perspective. Sounds extremely frustrating!

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Excellent sequel to Metro 2033. Now this is a very well optimized game. I have an M14X R2 with GT650M GDDR5 2GB, and 8 GB RAM. It runs fluidly with average 50FPS on high settings at 900p. I'm in 3 hours and loving every moment. Definitely worth trying !

Just wondering what gpu usage people are getting in sli. With a single card getting over 90 percent but in sli i'm between 70-80 percent on my 680m gtx. Don't get me wrong, the game is optimized very well from the start compared to so many other titles but is anyone getting over 90 percent in muti-gpu setups for NVidia?

• Founder
Just wondering what gpu usage people are getting in sli. With a single card getting over 90 percent but in sli i'm between 70-80 percent on my 680m gtx. Don't get me wrong, the game is optimized very well from the start compared to so many other titles but is anyone getting over 90 percent in muti-gpu setups for NVidia?

Are you using physx?

Sent from my GT-N7000

It's a known issue apparently. I've seen a number of posts around the web mentioning the 90% usage with SLI. Hopefully A4 or Nvidia are looking into it.

I like Metro Last Light much more than Metro 2033. Only problem is the game does not like my desktop 6970. The game literally blacks out in a dark area I go into. My Y580 however doesn't. I even recorded my desktop with FRAPS and in the video Metro never blacks out so something is going on. Graphics are epic.

I started playing this game, played it until .. I don't know.. maybe 50% through the story. But for some reason I have lost interest... Maybe I was expecting too much from this game.

The same thing happened to me with 2033, which is why I'm hesitant to buy it until it goes on sale.

• 4 weeks later...

I start the game in hard mode.

In my memories, in metro 2033 ammo is very hard to find.

In last light, all my weapon are full of ammo and the humans are easy to kill with a bullet (headshot)

The mutants are more dangerous but they attack in group of 3-4, no more.

This game is easier than metro 2033

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I found MLL to be a very good game, although much shorter than I was anticipating. On a scale 1 to 10, I would rate it a solid 8. The level of immersion in the game was fantastic, in fact, IMHO the strongest point of the game. The AI was terrible at times. I liked the predecessor, Metro 2033 slightly better. I played the game on a 2560 x 1600 monitor using gtx 690. The frame rates averaged 50-60.

Did any of you guys try to play it on 650m if so what settings did you used to have it payable and still looking its best? I'm really interested in playing the second one as I did really enjoy first one.

I tried it on my dual 650M in SLI. Had the settings on low with about 40 FPS. With normal settings, only getting around 15-20 FPS. Couldn't deal with it enough to play it unfortunately.

Y500, 16GB Ram, 2 650M with a total of 4 GB GDDR5, i7 3630.

I tried it on my dual 650M in SLI. Had the settings on low with about 40 FPS. With normal settings, only getting around 15-20 FPS. Couldn't deal with it enough to play it unfortunately.

Y500, 16GB Ram, 2 650M with a total of 4 GB GDDR5, i7 3630.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Gameplay is linear, as expected from games like Metro. Nothing to complain about. The gameplay is smooth and that the whole mission is really focused. Tho, the AI can be pretty dumb at times, even my own partner. That was because I cheated and became OP.

• 4 weeks later...