BIOS Update for Y410P/Y510P 74CN44WW (V3.05)

panybbib

• 2 weeks later...

has anyone ever tried updating the BIOS from 1.xx to 2.xx or higher? Or is the hardware changed?

As far as I know the 1.xx have 750 and others have 755. Maybe I can upgrade to 755 by flashing a 2.xx on my 1.xx Laptop as I need to make it compatible with the 755 SLI I bought.

• 2 weeks later...

@daggerNC:

Did you figure out how to solve the problem, yet?

Is it probably a problem caused by the exact kind of Intel 7260? I mean this exact kind of Rev/Version/... It shouldn't be a general problem with this card, otherweise a lot more people would mention it.

The changes from anything above 1.07 seem rather insignificant. Lenovo just changes their whitelist settings for the most part.

I'm currently running my stock 1.07 y410p GT750M from August 2013, and am NATIVELY SLI'ing it with a GT755M that I modified and "downgraded".

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...
On 2/8/2014 at 11:46 AM, panybbib said:

System BIOS and EC 74CN44WW (V3.05) for Y410P/Y510P

Support Win7, Win8 and Win8.1 (run VIQYx305.exe to update BIOS) or run flash.bat in pure DOS environment to update BIOS.

Warning : You may brick your computer. Use it at your own risks, only if you know what you are doing !

Y410P_Y510P_BIOS_74CN44WW(V3.05).zip

How can I download this? It says not available to my account. HELP

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
On 12/3/2015 at 7:28 PM, rambomhtri said:

I think the BIOS update 3.08 totally F***** UP my notebook. Thank you, Lenovo. Can anyone here confirm if the BIOS 3.05 here is safe to install and if it's the official, unmodded one?

I don't know what happened 3 years ago, I don't know if it was the BIOS update or what, but what really happened to my Y510P is that the M.2 24GB SSD cache got faulty and it made the whole notebook act slow and really buggy. I ended up, after a lot of experimentation, removing it and all the problems were solved instantly. So... I don't think the BIOS messes up your notebook per se, may be messes up your SSD cache configuration and then the notebook in general. Anyways, I'm using an SSD as my main and only storage device and it's working just fine. BTW, I was not able to re-configure the SSD cache ever again, that's why I finally decided to swipe the main HDD by an SSD. I even bought a M.2 to USB 3.0 adapter and I am not able to access the 24GB cache SSD, it's like formatted badly or something, I've tried everything.

Edited by rambomhtri