Is eGPU possible for lenovo ideapad y510p?

ashwinsingh8

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, moisesmcardona said:

I got the EXP GDC Beast and installed an Nvidia 1060 3GB. Works at PCI Express 2.0 x1, and there's no need to install a modded BIOS. :) 

EXPGDCLenovoY510p.jpg

Playing Forza Motorsports Apex the framerate was approximately 40fps :) 

Is this  EXP GDC 8.0 version? Do you connect it through mini pci-e or ngff ?

8 hours ago, lil kim said:

Is this  EXP GDC 8.0 version? Do you connect it through mini pci-e or ngff ?

Yes, it is a V8, and I have it connected in the mini pci-e slot since my laptop doesn't have the ngff connector since I have the non-ssd version. I should also point out I'm not using the delay switch and it is connected normally to the PSU (4 pin CPU and 20 pin ATX connector to the EXP GDC 8-pin adapter). Then I ran DDU to uninstall the laptop drivers and I installed the desktop driver v372.70. Anything higher produces the Code 43 error lots of people have experienced.

I have the same exact setup as moisesmcardona. But I instead of using version 372.70 I used the oldest version there was for the GTX1060. I'm running on Windows 8 64-bit with the EXP GDC 8.0 and is connected to my mPCIE slot. I'm using a Corsair 430W PSU with an additional sata to 8pin PCI power cable. I'm also using an external monitor since I couldn't figure out how to use my internal monitor. If I had known that I didn't need to mod my BIOS I would have saved myself a lot of time and headache.

http://imgur.com/rc7wlpT

I'll try to install 372.70 drivers to see if they work and I'll confirm it as well. This whole time I thought it was a BIOS setting which was causing the error 43 but it was the drivers.

Edited by Imrule
Adding last paragraph

On 7/5/2016 at 11:05 PM, gerald said:

Hi Psyrecx,

one adapter is still available. 

If there are really more people interested in such an adapter I can order new adapters -> minimum quantity is about 10 pcs.

I am interested in the adapter for the Lenovo Y510p

• 3 weeks later...
On 22/10/2016 at 10:33 AM, gerald said:

Anyone who still need an adapter?

Hi Gerald, 

I'm interested in buying an adapter as soon as they are available.

Thanks.

14 hours ago, angel_grin said:

any reviews from anyone who already has the adapter?

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Here's a video showing how to set it up, benchmark results and games running on the eGPU.

https://www.techinferno.com/index.php?/forums/topic/9686-y510p-ultrabay-graphics-card/&do=findComment&comment=152349

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.