wireless & black screen problem on Lenovo y410p

zs0815

Hi folks,

another problem I am facing on my 410p

when ever I boot up the machine windows(7) tells me that the wireless device is deactivated (like in flight mode or something else)

Due to limited bios there are no changes to make like always on or so. Neither there is a hardware button I could use. Im very disappointed because I know it better from my L430.

Only workaround at the moment is to set to sleep and wake up again.

I know its designed for Win8 but I hate it...

Any suggestions?

ADMIN NOTE: Do not make multiple threads. Added from other thread:

got strange problem on my Lenovo y410p. While playing Arma3 I get random blackout after 2-30min not really reproducable. Changed nvidiadrivers already as well as power settings.

Anyone else facing this problem?

greeting zs

• 2 weeks later...

How about re-considering Windows 8 with an app to add back the start menu and boot to desktop tweaks? I like Startisback but Start8 is also good.

Future driver support is most likely to be better with Windows 8 going forward, so less headaches in the long run.