TITAN PCI-E & Flashing BIOS

TomTPX

HI,

i've got some problem and i hope anyone on this forum could help me.

a time ago i've flashed my gtx Titan to svl7 bios mod v3 and used it a long time, this week i check with gpu-z the status of my Titan and see that it only use PCI-E 8x @ 3.0.

OK, i've tryed too get back the 16x Lanes, flashing my Original bios, the new asus bios, the new v4 svl7 bios and install new drivers but nothing helped!

Is there any chance to get back the 16x Lanes? (my AMD HD 5870 work with 16x Lanes @ 2.0 in the same slot).

I had exactly this issue when setting up my system for benching... make sure your card is properly seated in the slot. Also check your bios settings again. Which motherboard do you use?

• 1 month later...

I do not have rights to see that attatchement but it is my understanding that if you have say 3 cards in SLI then your motherboard will run it at 8x. At least my Maximus VI Extreme definitely does that.

Hope that helps.

• 2 months later...

I also can't take a look at the attachment, but its a matter of your mainboard, some boards can run 2 x 16x and some can only run 2x4 (electric). I got the M-IVE which runs 3 x 8 with my 2700K, even the board could run 3 x 16 , my CPU would limit that because the sandybridge chipset is not capable to run at theese multiple high lanes.