Questions on msi gx60/y510p

FurVik

Hi guys, i'm deciding to buy a new laptop since the current one I have is a vaio VGN-CR-xxxx 2007 model, so my choices have left me with MSI gx60-3be a10-5750m/8970m or the lenovo y510 i7-4700mq 750m SLI

The one grabbing my attention is the MSI due to the overall build quality/quick command buttons/good thermal design /KILLER GAMING WIFI! But apparently tons and tons of people are saying msi gx60 3be is horrid due to the APU? Don't get me wrong, I'm just a hardcore league player so it wouldn't matter to me, but does it really bottleneck the laptop that much? I do video rendering and editing and just some simple games such as elsword, maplestory, league of legends, dota2. Would it be worth it to get this laptop?

I was looking around for the past week and alot of people said y510p has extremely bad heat problems due to the chassis being made for a 650m sli configure and not a 750. They say it gets so hot it under clocks to like a 365Mhz? That scares me, but being said those problems are only found in a crazy game such as crysis 3, far cry. Will it happen if I league?

I'm just looking for a laptop that can run league 1080p ultra with 60 frames + and apparently they say the y510p can top that easy whereas the msi gets a 45 fps??? Sometimes even a 20-35 fps rate. Really worried how to spend my money since I only have on choice and one only, no refund available.

In my serious opinion i would get y510p but I keep looking msi for the quick launch buttons/killer wifi/epic gpu/good range of ports/the annoying ports are actually at the back!

i've also heard of alot of complaints when it comes to lenovo's y510p wireless, the Centrino 2230? People say it disconnects automatically alot. And I would not want this during a league of legends game, whereas MSI advertises a killer gaming wifi. Some people say its just a marketing scam but after some research I found killer wifi to be good but excellent but good. Can anyone tell me if the Lenovo is really worth getting??

MSI GX60 (YES ITS A 60 NOT 70 the 15" screen)

A10-5750 (????)

Radeon 8970m (OHHHHH)

750GB 7,200RPM

8 GB DDR (1slot)

Killer gaming

Windows 8

3 USB 3.0

1 USB 2.0

(2 HDD slots)

2h53epz.jpg

LENOVO (y510p)

i7-4700MQ

Nvidia gt 750m SLI

1TB 5,400 RPM + 8GB SSHD (Hybrid drive..)

Centrino 2230

Windows 8

2 USB 3.0

1 USB 2.0

(1 HDD Slot)

2ic86ix.jpg

I am mainly a mediocre gamer! (I like multiplayer)

-Leauge of Legends

-Elsword

-Left for Dead CO OP

-Maplestory

-Portal gun

-Minecraft

-Crysis??

-Tomb Raider

Useless info : Currently using Vaio VGN-CR35S.. thats Centrino T8100 DUO / ATI x2300 (Such a junky one lol) 2007 model 14" looking to replace this junk~ xD

The GX60 has a pretty good graphics card but unfortunately, it will be heavily bottlenecked by the shitty cpu until it performs at the level of a gtx660m or lower. Don't expect to run anything cpu intensive easily. However any games that doesn't require a good cpu will run very well.

I don't know much about league and I have never played it so I decided to search around for benchmarks and found this. Apparently even a dual-core Athlon II X2 260 can run it well and it doesn't appear to be that demanding so you will be able to run it above 40fps at least on ultra, 1080p. Crysis, tombraider and other cpu heavy games are going to have a hard time unfortunately. I would go with the lenovo just because of how useless the cpu is on the GX60 which also makes it drag down the awesome gpu to its borderline retarded level.

The GX60 has a pretty good graphics card but unfortunately, it will be heavily bottlenecked by the shitty cpu until it performs at the level of a gtx660m or lower. Don't expect to run anything cpu intensive easily. However any games that doesn't require a good cpu will run very well.

I don't know much about league and I have never played it so I decided to search around for benchmarks and found this. Apparently even a dual-core Athlon II X2 260 can run it well and it doesn't appear to be that demanding so you will be able to run it above 40fps at least on ultra, 1080p. Crysis, tombraider and other cpu heavy games are going to have a hard time unfortunately. I would go with the lenovo just because of how useless the cpu is on the GX60 which also makes it drag down the awesome gpu to its borderline retarded level.

I see... Thanks alot. I think ill be getting the y510p then :P