upgrademonkey GTX 880M Review /preview

Hynix, rated for 5.0 Gbps @ 1.35V respectively 6.0Gbps @ 1.5V.

10k GPU in 3dm11 with the M15x :D :

post-80-14494997015601_thumb.png

EDIT: Any special wishes for benchmarks or tests? I don't have that much games that include benchmarks, but suggestions are welcome, I'll see what I can do.

• Thumbs Up 4

I have do couple bench this morning with -20 degree outdoor temp for be sure to broke nothing.

What I can say after all test is that my GTX 780M cannot handle the frequency of the GTX 880M on Unigen 3D Heaven, so I think that card are binned and are the best.

Settings
Render: Direct3D11
Mode: 1920x1080 fullscreen
Preset Custom
Quality Ultra
Tessellation: Disabled

1) GTX 780M Stock Core 850MHz 1.00V Score: 2419 2) GTX 780M OC (for match Base GTX 880M Core Clock 954MHz with same voltage 1.018V) Score 2542 3) GTX 780M OC (for match Boost GTX 880M Core Clock 993MHz with same voltage 1.018V) Score: Failed ( Failed to with 1.025V & 1.037V) Nvidia drivers Crash

So the problem are my GTX 780M or the GTX 880M are really highter binned die ?

Here monitoring result of my bench stable for the same base clock

[ATTACH]10751[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]10749[/ATTACH]

EDIT: Any special wishes for benchmarks or tests? I don't have that much games that include benchmarks, but suggestions are welcome, I'll see what I can do.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes can you do a run and say your score with your OC GTX 880M and stock too with Unigen 3D with that setting please ?

Settings

Render: Direct3D11
Mode: 1920x1080 fullscreen
Preset Custom
Quality Ultra
Tessellation: Disabled

No, this just means that you're benching a custom setting while I was on a much lower resolution using the default performance settings :P$

Will do some heaven later, got some very weird driver issues atm.

I not sure what you would say ? Sorry I speak french and my English is not very good :s but thx for help me.

No, this just means that you're benching a custom setting while I was on a much lower resolution using the default performance settings :P$

Will do some heaven later, got some very weird driver issues atm.

Sorry, never mind, I mixed up something. But keep in mind that I run 3dm11 and you run heaven, that doesn't necessarily compare with frequencies, especially since you run heaven at 1080p while I run 3dm11 at 720p.

No I understand you talk about your OC frequency that you think this will not be stable on Unigen, I know but if it stable just try it please :). For the problem I have with bioshock 1 and your OC bios at stock do you have a idea ? Because this do 6 post that I have ask you about that but you seem to not have read it lol.

Sorry, never mind, I mixed up something. But keep in mind that I run 3dm11 and you run heaven, that doesn't necessarily compare with frequencies, especially since you run heaven at 1080p while I run 3dm11 at 720p.

Yes. But that was just a quick run, I should manage more when I do it seriously.

When you say 5.0 Gbps @1.35v and 6.0 Gbps @1.5v, does that mean we may have a way of changing the voltage for the memory like for the core?

Yes, but only per hardware mod.

Yes, but only per hardware mod.

I understand. I'll probably leave it at 5Gbps the whole time I use it. Still though, 8GB of GDDR5! What game would max that out at 1080p?! Was the 3DMark 11 run at 1100Mhz fully stable? That's close to GTX 680 Classified territory.

Can you please tell me what is the voltage of your GTX 780M 1GHz ? The card is Unigen 3D stable ?

Well it's a bit weird. I've owned 3 GTX 780m's, all from Dell with green PCB. First one was plum, can go 1Ghz with a single bump to the voltage. The next two cards were all pretty bad unable to sustain 1Ghz for very long on any voltage, perhaps one loop of heaven before crashing. I'm not too fussed.

Ok so you too you cannot handle 1GHz, if Slv7 can be stable with is GTX 880M at 1.1GHz on Heaven, the upgrade from GTX 780M to 880M is good. For me it 150MHz better so X2 is SLI at the end it a good % to take.

I understand. I'll probably leave it at 5Gbps the whole time I use it. Still though, 8GB of GDDR5! What game would max that out at 1080p?! Was the 3DMark 11 run at 1100Mhz fully stable? That's close to GTX 680 Classified territory.

Well it's a bit weird. I've owned 3 GTX 780m's, all from Dell with green PCB. First one was plum, can go 1Ghz with a single bump to the voltage. The next two cards were all pretty bad unable to sustain 1Ghz for very long on any voltage, perhaps one loop of heaven before crashing. I'm not too fussed.

Sorry johnkss what do you want I do ? You talk about my score on Unigen 3D ? if yes why you want that I put tess on ? and I have not the ''on'' option but moderate normal and Extreme.

nvm. no problem

edit:

post-638-14494997019282_thumb.jpg

• Thumbs Up 5

I for see the 880M having major issues with the current drivers once they crash one to many times...

And yes an ini edit is working as of today's test.

Try Quadro drivers, GF optimizations/conflict.

QUADRO NOTEBOOK DRIVER RELEASE 334.67

PhysX 9.13.1220

Delete the following folders -> Display.NView, NVWMI, Display.Update, Display.Optimus, Update.Core.

nvdmwi.inf_v334.67_AW_M18xR2_GTX_880M.zip