Cant install drivers, GTX 680m

jwilde464

Yep cheers managed to get it done :)

also I'm currently getting throttling, which I expected, however will it still throttle after apply svl7 vbios if I keep the standard 150W PSU?

It will not throttle in the same way, i.e. you'll be able to get full 3d clocks. However if you also have an extreme CPU and attempt to overclock it, you may run into gpu throttling based on power limitations.

Some people have had success (myself included) using an older 210w PSU and pulling out the centre pin on the jack to remove this throttling, allowing power consumption over 180W.

• 1 month later...
It will not throttle in the same way, i.e. you'll be able to get full 3d clocks. However if you also have an extreme CPU and attempt to overclock it, you may run into gpu throttling based on power limitations.

Some people have had success (myself included) using an older 210w PSU and pulling out the centre pin on the jack to remove this throttling, allowing power consumption over 180W.

Is there a way to check this total power consumption of the system before flashing SVL bios? (I would not want to mess with PSU..)

Is there a way to check this total power consumption of the system before flashing SVL bios? (I would not want to mess with PSU..)

Buy a power meter. But you should flash the vbios anyway, just make sure you're flashing the right one.

"Envoyé depuis mon GT-I9505 avec Tapatalk"

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, I have a GTX 765m I previously had it working in my Alienware m15x (already vbios modded and everything and did the install perfectly). I reformatted my laptop and want to reinstall the drivers however my laptop does not recognize the card. I change the nvdmi.inf folder in the driver version 334.89. It claims that it picks up the card but then when it's installing I get an error message. What am I missing. I have not reflashed the vbios because I don't think I need to do that since it's nothing that has to do with that (I could be wrong). Anyone has any ideas on what to do?

Error message:

post-16078-14494997235539_thumb.jpg

Hey, I have a GTX 765m I previously had it working in my Alienware m15x (already vbios modded and everything and did the install perfectly). I reformatted my laptop and want to reinstall the drivers however my laptop does not recognize the card. I change the nvdmi.inf folder in the driver version 334.89. It claims that it picks up the card but then when it's installing I get an error message. What am I missing. I have not reflashed the vbios because I don't think I need to do that since it's nothing that has to do with that (I could be wrong). Anyone has any ideas on what to do?

Error message:

[ATTACH]10956[/ATTACH]

You have to disable the windows 8 driver signature check

"Envoyé depuis mon GT-I9505 avec Tapatalk"