NEW 7970M not detected in BIOS

mkkillah

Hi all,

I installed a new 7970M in my m17xR3 and it will not detect in the bios doesn't matter what I do. Reseated it multiple times, used different pads, reset bios, tried flashing vBIOS (lol no card to flash), did on battery power and on psu.

I am out of ideas, help would be very appreciated

M17xR3

2720QM

6990M (originally) --> 7970M

A12 bios

12GB memory

Did you turn off the IGP in the bios and set the screen to PEG? (You'll need the unlocked bios for that).

I have the official A12 bios. If I put it on PEG the only thing I get are 8 beeps and only when I reset bios it will start up again. I am in the process of flashing to unlocked bios right now.

edit: Flashed to A12 unlocked bios. Disabled "internal graphics device" and put primary display on PEG. Get 6 beeps while starting up.

• 1 month later...

hello,

today I upgrade my m17x r3 to 7970m clevo card from P170EM. I did everything exactly as in [GUIDE] Installing and Overclocking the AMD Mobility 7970 in the M17x R3.

I ran the laptop, the screen was black and I get 8 beeps. I had to do reset bios and screen start up, after changing bios setting :

primary display to -PEG

disabled internal gpu

again the screen was black and I get 8 beeps . Maybe I must flash bios card to non enduro bios ?

First in laptop was A12 unlocked, then I flash it to A08. On both bios the same problem.

Any sugestion?