New ASUS Lamborghini VX7

Nando

Well...what can i say? this thing is a beast!

post-204-14494988060861_thumb.jpg

Ultra-luxe design inspired by the world-famous Italian supercars meets ASUS technological excellence. It’s ASUS most powerful notebook to date, ready to take you for a ride.

post-204-14494988060717_thumb.jpg

Leading the exclusive ASUS-Automobili joint-venture series, the VX7 drives computing excitement like never before, fully-loaded with the newest technology and breathtaking power for your multimedia, gaming and productivity. Plus, it’s downright sexy!

Taking design cues from the Automobili Lamborghini and Murcielago LP640, the VX7 retains their aerodynamic and aggressive stance for a style that stands out from the crowd. Expect people to notice. Premium materials, sleek textures and bold colors complete this notebook, revving up your high-octane computing.

This thing is the crème de la crème of portable PCs.

post-204-14494988061566_thumb.jpg

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460M graphics with 3GB video memory set the stage for high res gaming and none of the compromise lesser notebooks force on you. This is the real deal.

All new Intel 2nd Generation Core i7 Processors propel computing with extreme quad-core performance for better HD multimedia and multitasking so you get more done – faster.

Up to 16GB DDR3 main memory ensure a grand touring experience of smooth performance and better output in every application.

New Super-Speed USB 3.0 runs up to ten times faster than USB 2.0, an ideal fit for your HD content and files.

Besides that, this beast comes with a 15.6" 1920x1080 FHD Glossy screen, 1.5TB 7200rpm 2.5" 9.5mm SATA II 16MB (750GB X2), 4X Blu-Ray Writer / 8X DVDRW Super Multi DVDRW/CDRW, 5 in 1 card reader, SD,MMC,MS,MS-Pro,XD, 2.0 Mega Pixel web camera, Built-In Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR, Built-in Wireless ABGN, LAN: 10/100/1000Mb. Weighing 7.0 lbs with 8 cell battery

Lamborghini Backpack and Laser Gaming mouse included! :D

Gentech people have it in black and orange color starting $2,269.00 :waaaht:

post-204-14494988060255_thumb.jpg

post-204-14494988060498_thumb.jpg

post-204-14494988061037_thumb.jpg

post-204-14494988061264_thumb.jpg

post-204-14494988061459_thumb.jpg

• Thumbs Up 4

Guest Frontpage News

Well…what can i say? this thing is a beast! Ultra-luxe design inspired by the world-famous Italian supercars meets ASUS technological excellence. It’s ASUS most powerful notebook to date, ready to take you for a ride.

Leading the exclusive ASUS-Automobili joint-venture series, the VX7 drives computing excitement like never before, fully-loaded with the newest technology and [...]

More...

Guest bifnewman

Meh.... Nothing special. I don't think I have ever seen a GTX 460M with 3GB of RAM, but VRAM isn't everything, and the 460M is outdated for a brand new gaming notebook. If you are going with NVIDIA, for god sake's, put in a 3D screen. they should have put in a 6970m. the design is a personal preference, imo it looks okay. Don't get this. If you want the most powerful 15" notebook, get the P150HM. if you want portable gaming, get the M14x. Don't get me wrong, this is probably a decent laptop, but it is way overpriced. Seriously, get an M18x with more than $2000....

tons of clueless asus owners comment on how much "better" an asus is than alienware(or clevo, for that matter). i can't believe they actually claim that their g73 is better,faster, AND cheaper than my m17x. alienware is seriously underrated.. their notebooks are nearly unrivaled in performance for size.

Thanks for the article! I really like the orange, it makes the system pretty unique, also the leather palm rest! But the specs aren't Lamborghini like at all... in addition to this the system is a real pain to disassemble and exchanging the CPU and so far there's no way to get a different GPU working in this system... unfortunately not worth the money at all.

Interesting read!

1. I don't see where Asus is going. I agree with others, for this price you can take a pick from the top-of-the line Elitebook, Precision, Thinkpad or Alienware. (e.g. Thinkpad W520 has just slightly less gaming graphics performance 7k vs 8k on Vantage, yet it's light years away from this laptop in literally every other aspect. Yes, including the 95% gamut screen, access to hard drive by removing 1 screw, RAM 2 screws and not to mention build quality and well every single component :) .)

2. This is basically Asus version of the "old" Alienware M15x. Prices the same as M18x. LMAO. Agree with bifnewman, the graphics is on par with single 5870M.

3. The entire laptop is freaking glossy. How about showing us how it looks like once you actually used it? Yeah, wouldn't look that sexy. ^^ Fingerprints, galore!

@mw86, look at 5:06 and you can see the keyboard flexing under normal pressure.

Well, if the "taste" is wanting to buy something bad despite being able to buy something thats better, for the same price. I couldn't really care whether my laptop is Asus, Apple, Dell/AW or something else. I had pretty bad experience with Dell laptops, so I am certainly not a fan of them.

If Asus started making good quality laptops (compared to the laptops I mentioned earlier) and offered a decent warranty I'd be all over that. This looks more like a consumer-oriented laptop with a business/high-end user-oriented price. On the other hand, even for $600 you can get pretty good laptops - just check out Dell/Lenovo outlets. If, on the other hand, one really has to have a dedicated graphics - then the choice is typically something more consumer based - and the corners are cut in virtually every other aspect of the laptop: from build quality, uber-glossy finish, etc. I mean it's not bad, but its worth about $600.

As for the looks, that's subjective - I'd like it if it were matte. I actually like the design otherwise. But unfortunately, that's about the only thing I like about it. And compare it to what you can get from Dell (something thats close to this Asus hardware-wise), Dell XPS 15: B+RG LED screen, hi-quality speakers, 525M/540M graphics and all that for about $1K.

well like a said is a matter of "taste" or like you said is "subjective" ...you can buy a Sager with the same specs for about $1200 (yeah baby!) but sager/clevo is realy ugly man lol so...

about the warranty and quality, well I have an asus and so far has been very very good, I don't know about warranty because I have not needed...

and definitely have to say that the whole "laptops thing" is subjective... each head is a different world!

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...