What game should I get?

ryanknut

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Are you looking for mostly FPS style games? or would you be willing to go to others?

Tomb Raider (2013) was a surprisingly enjoyable game

if you are looking for a challenge, Dark Souls / Demon Souls is a fantastically well put together series.

Guild Wars 2 is a good example of a well done MMO. 1 Time purchase, no monthly cost. No expansions, they just release new content every 2 weeks at no extra charge. Microtransactions are a thing, but they never give a mechanical advantage, just looks/convenience. And those can be bought with in-game currency, so you dont even have to spend real money.

Wild Star Online is coming out soon and looks very well done as well.

Are you wanting to stick mostly to the FPS games? Or are you willing to branch out?

Dark Souls is a fantastic game if you are looking for a challenge. Yes, it's assholish at times, but the bosses are about requiring skill rather than gear, and it is EXTREMELY satisfying when you actually win.

Guild Wars 2 is an MMO done right. 1 Time purchase cost, no subscription fee. No expansions, they just release new content every 2 weeks. Little vertical progression, and the cash shop is for looks/convenience only, no mechanical benefits. and you can convert in-game currency to cash shop currency at reasonable rates.

Wild Stars Online is also looking to be a good MMO.

Tomb Raider was a surprisingly enjoyable game as well.

I'd also vote for Skyrim. As Sayceon already mentioned you can play it for ages, but you don't have to if you concentrate on the main story line. Unfortunately you are a little late, it was available for 10-15€ (13-20$) with all addons included on steam during holiday sale. Now it is at 40€ again.

I'm playing Assassins Creed: Black Flag from time to time at the moment. It's a great game, graphics are really good, especially the water animations are at a high level.:D

The story is good and the storyline is not so depended on the other Assassins Creed games, so I think it's easier to get into it, than before, where many actions were related to earlier events/AC games.:)

The last update brought new Physx effects, the smoke effects are insane, to be honest it's unreal, you can't see anything after you're shooting with the ship canons or Kenways pistols. :hopelessness::stupid::playful:

nydp.jpg

v27c.jpg

Of what you listed Skyrim for sure. But depends on what you like and if you want more stand-alone single player or getting lost in online play. The largest games (not saying the best but they are large for a reason) are League of Legends and World of Warcraft. AION is another free MMO that I think is visually pleasing.

Looks nice indeed, AC:BF. Are you playing with controler?

If you like time spending gameplay you should try some "Total War" games.

Didnt enjoy the old ones, but got plenty of months in Shogun2 and Medieval2 while Rome2 is now the game I'm playing when on Windows.

The C&C Generals mod Shockwave also get's lots of gameplay.

• 2 weeks later...

May be something as World Of Tanks or War Thunder is the best way to spend all Yours free time and money ;) Also I like Dead Space all editions but it's pretty fast ending and if You like fighting try Remember Me or Metal Gear Rising Revengeance

Skyrim is also the game that I would vote for. Easily the best game in the Elder Scrolls series (especially gameplay wise) and with mods coming out that allow you to play in Morrowind and Oblivion as well you can play the old ones with the new gameplay. Though those mods are not too far along yet, they have Morrwind for Oblivion and it shows the promise quite well!