MSI GT70 not starting anymore, please help.

douma01

Hello,

I recently found this program to "tune" or "overclock" my laptop, Intel Extreme Tuning Utility.

I'm really not experienced with overclocking at all so i didn't want to change anything untill i knew how everything works.

But by accident I might have changed something and I don't even know what.

My laptop rebooted and does not work anymore.

When i hit the power button it goes on and the screen stays black and after a couple of seconds it turns off again and this keeps repeating this process.

Does anyone have an idea of what i might have changed and how i can fix this ?

Please help!

Hello,

I recently found this program to "tune" or "overclock" my laptop, Intel Extreme Tuning Utility.

I'm really not experienced with overclocking at all so i didn't want to change anything untill i knew how everything works.

But by accident I might have changed something and I don't even know what.

My laptop rebooted and does not work anymore.

When i hit the power button it goes on and the screen stays black and after a couple of seconds it turns off again and this keeps repeating this process.

Does anyone have an idea of what i might have changed and how i can fix this ?

Please help!

Pull a memory stick and boot with one. After the laptop starts once you can turn it back off and put the 2nd stick back in.

Hardware changes reset the NVRAM (what XTU writes to), so this will make your laptop work again.

• Thumbs Up 1

Thank you for the replies.

I have tried so many things to get my notebook to work again..

Blind flash didn't do anything and removed memory sticks and all other stuff didn't help either.

But i was able to solve the problem using another method.

I removed the ac + battery and disconnected the motherboard's battery.

Then i put everything back and held the power button for 40 seconds.

When i did this without holding the power button and juist try to start it the screen stayed black and the laptop kept on rebooting.

So i guess holding the power button for about 30-40 seconds is some sort of way to reset the bios. ( for a MSI GT70 Notebook )

• 1 year later...

Blind flash didn't do anything and removed memory sticks and all other stuff didn't help either.

When i did this without holding the power button and juist try to start it the screen stayed black and the laptop kept on rebooting.

So i guess holding the power button for about 30-40 seconds is some sort of way to reset the bios. ( for a MSI GT70 Notebook )

I have the same problem, i'm gonna test your solution , thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, what do U call "the motherboard's battery" ? thanks!

• 4 years later...
On 1/5/2014 at 4:57 PM, douma01 said:

A faulty power brick messed up my bios I guess, I replaced a blown capacitor but voltage quicly dropped as I tried powering up the lap top, that probbably did a number on my bios. Yesterday I got a replacement power brick (3 weeks later as is not a comon model in my country) and while the laptop powered up, the screen was not showing the logo (scary) only the functions bar and the fan was powerig up. followed your steps and my old and beloved GT 70 dominator is alive and well. I already replaced my gaming laptop (I entered panic mode inmediaty), but now that noble beast will serve my wife perfectly (hopefully for another 5 years as I have 3 HD in raid and just 3 months ago expanded to 32 gb of ram)  :D.

"Hi, what do U call "the motherboard's battery" ? thanks!"

for anyone wondering the motherboard battery is the connector next to the fan (the one that is not the fan ofcourse) .

I owe you a beer Sr.