msi gt680 - gtx460 broken

arras5

Hello ,

In last time i have very big problem, my gtx460 is broken all time crash etc. I do many reinstall Os and graphic drivers and still I get nvidia kernel error and system crash. Is any option to turn only internal graphic in my i5 2410m ?

I'm flash BIOS to unlocked version but Idk what I need to change to dont get a black screen?

arras5

Hello ,

In last time i have very big problem, my gtx460 is broken all time crash etc. I do many reinstall Os and graphic drivers and still I get nvidia kernel error and system crash. Is any option to turn only internal graphic in my i5 2410m ?

I'm flash BIOS to unlocked version but Idk what I need to change to dont get a black screen?

arras5

It uses the integrated hd gpu by default. To disable the nvidia gpu, go to nvidia control panel and go to manage 3d settings, select global settings and change preferred graphics processor from auto select to integrated graphics.

Editing bios is not needed.

It uses the integrated hd gpu by default. To disable the nvidia gpu, go to nvidia control panel and go to manage 3d settings, select global settings and change preferred graphics processor from auto select to integrated graphics.

Editing bios is not needed.

Optimus was introduced in the gt60/70 series ,you can't enable the integrated graphics on the older notebooks since the igp is not wired for use.Try reseating the card first and see if that helps (not likely) if not then you need to replace the video card.

• Thumbs Up 1

Optimus was introduced in the gt60/70 series ,you can't enable the integrated graphics on the older notebooks since the igp is not wired for use.Try reseating the card first and see if that helps (not likely) if not then you need to replace the video card.

I wish they had kept it like that. Too many games only recognize my intel hd4000 instead of my dedicated gpu. Even worse is when they prevent you from accessing certain graphics options because they think you have an igpu.

• 2 months later...
I wish they had kept it like that. Too many games only recognize my intel hd4000 instead of my dedicated gpu. Even worse is when they prevent you from accessing certain graphics options because they think you have an igpu.

you have to set the application to use the nvidia gpu using the nvidia control panel or by right clicking and using the run with graphics processor option

you have to set the application to use the nvidia gpu using the nvidia control panel or by right clicking and using the run with graphics processor option

It is using the nvidia gpu. The problem is that the game thinks that it is working on the igpu instead of the nvidia gpu and therefore greys out certain graphic options.