I'm looking for a new laptop

2013tenlon

Question

I want a laptop with 15,6'' or 17,3'' screen, 1920x1080 resolution and able to run without any lag 16 programs each needing 512mb ram, 800mhz cpu and 64mb of graphic memory and one program needing 1gb of graphic memory, 4 gb ram and 3 ghz cpu, for a total of 17 programs.

does someone have some advice?

9 answers to this question

This is a bit too specific about programs, but better to explain what kind of programs??

I use a clevo p170em which os a bit old, but with the 680M 4GB of vram overclocked to 950mhz i have enough for some time. It packs 16GB of ram too.

The good thing of clevo is their price and easy to open amd tweak inside... i just did some tricks founded here and my temps wwnt down 16 degrees.

Have a look on them. Specially with mate screen.

This is a bit too specific about programs, but better to explain what kind of programs??

I use a clevo p170em which os a bit old, but with the 680M 4GB of vram overclocked to 950mhz i have enough for some time. It packs 16GB of ram too.

The good thing of clevo is their price and easy to open amd tweak inside... i just did some tricks founded here and my temps wwnt down 16 degrees.

Have a look on them. Specially with mate screen.

I want to run 16 Nostale and 1 World of Tanks at the same time with any lag.

you can try a Clevo NP8255S which is a 15" laptop with the latest Nvidia GFX ->>> GTX 880M card ...

buy x2 of the 2TB Seagate Slim Plus USB 3.0 hard disks and get a hard drive caddy ...

then you can add another additional 7mm WD Slim 1TB hard disk

giving you a total of up to 5TB RAW hard disk space

not to mention you have another additional x2 msata hard disk ports ...

I want a laptop with 15,6'' or 17,3'' screen, 1920x1080 resolution and able to run without any lag 16 programs each needing 512mb ram, 800mhz cpu and 64mb of graphic memory and one program needing 1gb of graphic memory, 4 gb ram and 3 ghz cpu, for a total of 17 programs.

does someone have some advice?

Try a Lenovo Y510p with single GPU with 2GBs of VRAM and 8 GB RAM. It offers you a quad-core CPU with 8 Threats! and really high build quality.

Plus: it is very cheap just oner 1000$

I use my y510p writing projects in college, and I had only one problem: when raising the windows version to 8.1 Pro, using code from Dreamspark. Laptop enter restarts loop, it was necessary to restore the backup. It must have something with Lenovo branding. It's great price/quality notebook.