Final Fantasy 14

Wipper138

Been looking at this for a while and played the beta but it wasnt for very long. I was working a lot of over time when it was open and didn't get much time on it. Oddly enough I was someone who really enjoyed FF11 so I was thinking about jumping on and checking out FF14. I was just wondering if anyone else here has givin it a shoot or what you think. They went through and upgraded the entire game and recently released a new version "A Realm Reborn". Seems pretty cool from the BETA. Changing jobs are so post to be able to be done anywhere now instead of needing to go back to your house, there is a adventure log that gives you task like kill 5 of these these and these and get a EXP boost. Also Chains can be done solo now if you kill more then two enemy's in a short amount of time. Was hoping to find someone else who had some time into it to see if it was any good.

• 4 weeks later...

I've been playing FF14 since launch, but I just decided to let my subscription expire. You'll get through the main content pretty quickly, then it's just grinding dungeons for endgame. To make things worse, they put a weekly cap on the rewards to intentionally slow things down. It's really fun for awhile, but it doesn't have the long-lasting appeal that FFXI did.

• 4 months later...

FFXIV is a mixed bag. At first SquareSoft (sorry - square enix -.-) were forced to apologize for a fundamentally broken game, then they revamped it and it was so-so. I love the FF series - Pretty much own all the games on most platforms. Sadly since the name change they've been suffering from the modern generation of gamers. 'One button does everything'. The online game is good, well worth a try. But like Weenie said - it's nothing compared to FFXI.

Playing FFXIV atm. It's a good game but like all other MMOs you do need to find a good guild to stick with it. The first time experience of levelling is pretty good and some of the late game stuff can be difficult. However, I think the nature of the game is limiting in itself so there's not much variability in the fights because pretty much all characters are same as the other due to lack of skill/talent trees. It's extremely polished but nothing groundbreaking.

I had a lot of fun with FF14 but was able to grind through the content fairly quickly. I played when the game was first released and they have gotten a steady dose of content since then. Overall the game was pretty fun but ended up going back to WoW for a bit and now im taking a MMO break and just playing D3 and hearthstone.