4700mq Overclocking

hans123

Try download Intel Extreme Tuning Utility (XTU) and that might help, too. You can make changes to the multipliers and power settings within Windows if XTU supports your motherboard.

• 3 weeks later...

i have 4702mq cpu..its acer aspire v3 772g model..In games like crysis 3,state of decay i get 86-87C max package temp..other games like sleeping dogs,tomb raider hit maybe 82-83C max..Can i overclock my cpu?lets say by 100mhz..im more interested how much more heat will 100mhz produce for my cpu temp(2-3C or more or less?)

I failed to find a good XTU tutorial on the net that explains the basics controls for haswell platform like:

Core Voltage - got no idea yet how this is directly related to the next option and not so directly related to Processor Cache Voltage. This voltage gets reported as Default, god knows what this default value means in V or mV.

Core Voltage Mode (Adaptive - Static) - Adapative is the default here, switching to Static and playing with the voltage above will give me a computer freeze followed by a reboot.

Processor Cache Voltage - basically same as above applies, but for people willing to experiment I would say to go with a smaller multiplier on Processor Cache Ratio and leave Cache Voltage on this on default until you figure out the Core Voltage first.

Processor Cache Voltage Mode (Adaptive - Static) - same as above, got no idea yet.

---------------------

Reference Clock - if enabled will let you overclock the speed of the CPU cores (multiplies with the multipliers) but also the speed of Uncore (Processor Cache) and speed of memory. So far I was able to get something like 102.5%. Can't reproduce that again, don't know where exactly is the problem.

Dynamic CPU Voltage Offset - most people that talks about it are using it only for undervolting to keep their CPU cores cooler. This usually means less heat and that means no fans spinning fast and that finally means a quiet environment.

But I wasn't able to find someone to tell how to use it for overclockin, and I'm only talking about bclk/Reference Clock overclocking here, because I assume every 4700HQ/4700MQ can safely overclock with those lame limited 2 extra OC bins for +200MHz on multiplier, no need to overvolt only for multipler.

Turbo Boost Short Power *

Turbo Boost Power *

Processor Current limit

I have no ideea yet how those are influencing my scores. For Haswell 4700HQ/MQ all I know is that Current Limit should be set to 85A (recommended by Intel) and Turbo Boost Power Time Window should be set to 28s (recommended by Intel). For me Turbo Boost Power Time Window was 24s for example.

Cooling a 4700HQ/MQ in a gaming laptop is a child play. Otherwise you can repaste, mod the cooling system, use a cooling pad with a fan beneath or live inside a refrigerator. A lot of options as you can see. :)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

i have 4702mq cpu..its acer aspire v3 772g model..In games like crysis 3,state of decay i get 86-87C max package temp..other games like sleeping dogs,tomb raider hit maybe 82-83C max..Can i overclock my cpu?lets say by 100mhz..im more interested how much more heat will 100mhz produce for my cpu temp(2-3C or more or less?)

With temps of 86c-87c its already too hot, don't overclock it, its not the bottleneck of your gaming..

Overclocked i7-4700mq in Intel XTU utility by changing multipliers to 36,35,34,34, temps stayed at same level but i didnt notice any increase in performance in games. In benchmarks scores are increased by couple points only so its not a must. You can leave i7-4700mq on defaults settings.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Actually you don't need to have special bios. If you download Intel Extreme Tuning Utility (xtu) you could overclock your CPU +200 Mghz and undervolt your cache and core

I wouldn't do it. Your temps are pretty maxed out all ready. I have sager and here in summer (Utah) I run about 50-60C, 58-70C with OC. And your headroom is about 8C

Ok, here's what you do. Set all multipliers to max. Core voltage offset -55Mv, cache -20Mv. Your power boost thing is at 55Watt instead of 57.250 duration of boost 32. Not all boards and CPUs are the same. I'll update you on the further testing once I get home from Nebraska

Extra FPS for free? Why not. I'll post some of my results