P1xxSM GPU heatsink now available on RJTech

Khenglish

For those of you with HM and EM series laptops, you can now buy the improved SM series heatsink from RJTech. Fatter heatpipes and the GPU and memory now share one big radiator. I heard there's an 8C improvement in temps.

Clevo Laptop Parts :: P150SM/P157SM/P170SM/P177SM :: Video Card Heatsink for P15xSM/P17xSM - R&J Technology, Clevo Barebone Notebook kits, Laptop and desktop system builder

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is it ensured that the 8970m gpu heatsink / cooling unit from the SM Models will fit the 7970m in HM Models with EM Cards? :)

If it is ensured, i will order a heatsink by clevo/goldenstar here in germany to try.. don't want to kill my 7970m with a heatsink which doesn't fit.

Is it ensured that the 8970m gpu heatsink / cooling unit from the SM Models will fit the 7970m in HM Models with EM Cards? :)

If it is ensured, i will order a heatsink by clevo/goldenstar here in germany to try.. don't want to kill my 7970m with a heatsink which doesn't fit.

Yes the 8970m version fits perfectly on the 7970m. The 780m version fits perfectly on the 680m. The only difference between the 780 and 8970m versions is the thermal pads.

• 3 months later...

Heatsinks are interchangeable, you just need to transfer the thermal pads. I just installed a P1x0SM GTX780M heatsink in my P170EM (7970M). Temperature drop 8-10C under full load (Folding@Home GPU client, clocks 930/1400, room temperature constant). :40_002:

EDIT: With the new heatsink my GPU is 100% stable at 1000/1500MHz @1.025V. FurMark temp is 88C. :D

• 2 months later...