Used laptop with dedicated card?

jax

Question

Budget: $550

I don't really need to play cutting edge games, only games i play are league of legends and dota, and i wanted something that could round those at least on high with no lag, i do realize that isn't the highest budget, but i am looking at used options,

i would prefer something 14" or smaller, but if it is 15" i will consider it

i am also looking for a second option if i can not find a laptop in that price range with a very nice display similar to the lenovo X220 IPS, i can't seem to find any laptop with a display at that size with that good quality in that price range of 550.

• Thumbs Up 1

12 answers to this question

You are talking right on the edge of gaming computers when you say playing "high with NO lag" on graphics for something like those two games. You are going to want a medium to high end gfx card. Or i should say, you are not going to want a standard integrated card. You already knew that. What i was going to say is that you are going to either have to sacrifice screen size for performance or vice versa. A laptop to handle gaming well have to have space to fit the hardware which means a large screen, typically 17"+. Enough of this computer lesson, I did a look and think i found something right up your alley cut down the middle. Newegg.com - Lenovo G505s (59378837) AMD A-Series A8-5550M (2.10GHz) 4GB Memory 500GB HDD 15.6" Notebook Windows 8

This seems to satisfy what you are looking for.

go with Ebay.

a brand like msi or even better. A clevo or sager. something on the low end spectrum, an older molder will suit your needs fine. Look for a p150em or p150hm used.

Should be able to find one. best bang for your buck all around!

durable, powerful, stable, relatively lightweight/ good chassis.

Hi, what is the difference between dedicated and discrete graphics card, I heard they were both the same.

They are two words which mean the same! There are only two types of card a Dedicated Card - usually made by nVidia or AMD and an Integrated Card - usually part of the processor in current machines. Dedicated are obviously much more powerful and suited to gaming but even the new integrated stuff can run some older games with no issues.

As to the OP's question - you can probably pick up a used Alienware M14x within your budget.