y510p Wifi problems

bobman555

Curious, did your laptop come with bios version V3.05 and you had to downgrade? or was it an older bios so that you could flash it without the flash protection? I'm currently searching for solutions with bios ver 3.05 Florin said, you have to disable the wifi autostart utility and remove the old wifi drivers that might be conflicting.

No I had Bios 1.10 and I found out it seems to be a problem with my school wifi network. However my laptop seems to be one of the few that have problems. I feel like the WPA2 security might be the issue.

Edit: I also made the horrible mistake of installing windows 8.1.

I also have this problem but with the Y410P and the 1.10 BIOS with Windows 7. When using wifi tether and my phone I get BSOD about every 5 minutes. Also, HWMonitor will give me BSOD every so many minutes. It's dumb.

Strange! Thinking back I remember that I too was getting a BSOD when trying to tether on with the OEM stock wifi card (Intel N 2230). Never was able to resolve it.

I have a 7260 with modded bios now and haven't tried to tether but am now having other issues.

See this thread for more info http://forum.techinferno.com/lenovo-ibm/4759-lenovo-y510p-wireless-card.html