Alienware m15x problem guyz.

artixalpha

i did nothing it just randomly shuts off ( No bad vregs ) and dell said it was a bios problem so now it wont work fans, alienfx still work

- - - Updated - - -

i7 720qm nvidia 460m 6gb ram 640gb hard drive. Bios idk, Windows 7

@Brian Hey i ran crisdisk but dont know where the bios.rom or bios.wph is help plz ( I downloaded a09)

- - - Updated - - -

@Khenglish hey guys sorry for tagging you but i need some fast help cannot locate bios wph or rom in ( m15x a09 bios ) need to reflash by using axmans method

No scroll lights or blinking lights i tried axmans method with no sucess hdd light does not stay on ( Pluggin in usb in esata) Bios.wph and sys files and phlash on there. I tried fn+esc winkey+b and fn+b all with no sucsesso

@svl7 @Xonar everytime i try to go back to crisis it gives 1 long beep 2 short beeps and flashing scroll and caps lights shouls i just continue to wait? Cause i am trying to get back in crisis Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Btw the beep code means this Indicates a video error has occurred and the BIOS cannot initialize the video screen to display any additional information

Dell 680M GTX all the way.

780M really isn't made for the M15x. The gpu voltage circuits can barely cope with it at stock clocks. I know this because the stock voltage on the 7970M already pushes the circuits to their stable limits.

Or perhaps better yet wait for new gen GPU's. Kepler (680/780M) and GCN (7970M/8970M) are old hat. In the very least when they are released a 680M will be dirt cheap.

1 long beep 2 short beeps sounds like a vbios error. Try flashing the vbios to another rom file. You can find it on google. Just flash it to the very exact vbios version.

If it doesn't fix it, then maybe it's not the vbios but to make sure you can flash it to another vbios that's compatible with you laptop.

If it still doesn't work, you might want to send your laptop to a bios recovery service in your area (or see it as an excuse to upgrade your card :D)

Vbios corruption results in no beeps at all in the M15x. Also when the vbios is corrupt there's no POST, ergo no vbios flashing.

Well..... If you had the chance to read the ahoutbox I clearly stated after entering phoenix and I guess it flashed it left me with 1) bricked bios with 1 long beep 2 short beep which is video failure and 2) bad video card

- - - Updated - - -

Why the hell would you want to replace the GPU if you told me the BIOS is bricked?

Now idk if its bricked.or not @svl7 @King of Interns whats the max watt limit on m15x cuz id like to put a super good graphics card thats beats the 675mx

- - - Updated - - -

1 long beep 2 short beeps sounds like a vbios error. Try flashing the vbios to another rom file. You can find it on google. Just flash it to the very exact vbios version.

If it doesn't fix it, then maybe it's not the vbios but to make sure you can flash it to another vbios that's compatible with you laptop.

If it still doesn't work, you might want to send your laptop to a bios recovery service in your area (or see it as an excuse to upgrade your card :D)

Idk bro no local repair shops in nova so tell me how do I flash this vbios (no post) @Aldo

Well I own a Sager, so.. You should try what svl7 and alienware owners say you should do.

Looks like some notebooks has integrated vBIOS code embedded into the main system BIOS (Alienware?)

I think it is not clear enough what happens to you. Does the laptop turn off suddenly, or does it crash/freezes somewhere.

If it freezes, when does it happen? When a game is running, when you turn the laptop on but before the OS starts?

The laptop doesn't actually boot up anymore?

Where are you from bro? I know how frustrating it is where there are no tech support nearby.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

If you did flash your sistem/mobo bios and the laptop won't turn on (so unsexy haha) since then, the best you can do is to contact a bios recovering service and let them fix it for you.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

Well..... If you had the chance to read the ahoutbox I clearly stated after entering phoenix and I guess it flashed it left me with 1) bricked bios with 1 long beep 2 short beep which is video failure and 2) bad video card

1. Chatbox is not a thread box.

2. svl7 just said that corrupt VBIOS will prevent the system from POSTing at all and no beeps. So that would make it NOT a corrupt VBIOS since you do get beeps and were able to POST (since you were able to flash). Instead this would be a corrupt BIOS probably.

Now idk if its bricked.or not @svl7 @King of Interns whats the max watt limit on m15x cuz id like to put a super good graphics card thats beats the 675mx

Are you able to get into your BIOS menu? As with above, if it's a bad BIOS (which it appears to be), changing out your graphics card isn't going to help none except make your wallet thinner.

Idk bro no local repair shops in nova so tell me how do I flash this vbios (no post) @Aldo

For those that don't know (if it's what I think it is): NoVA = Northern Virginia. I'm sure there is some up there. As one that actually works in a local repair shop, I'm pretty certain they don't heavily advertise nor have flashy signs. It's just too expensive to do so. Look in the local phone book or on craigslist. Or the smaller yellowpage-type book (akin to Thrifty Nickel - not sure if this is popular elsewhere).

---

Essentially, most evidence points toward your BIOS being corrupt. The link you provided earlier is general beep codes. But as svl7 said, a bad VBIOS would give you no beep codes.

1. Chatbox is not a thread box.

2. svl7 just said that corrupt VBIOS will prevent the system from POSTing at all and no beeps. So that would make it NOT a corrupt VBIOS since you do get beeps and were able to POST (since you were able to flash). Instead this would be a corrupt BIOS probably.

Are you able to get into your BIOS menu? As with above, if it's a bad BIOS (which it appears to be), changing out your graphics card isn't going to help none except make your wallet thinner.

For those that don't know (if it's what I think it is): NoVA = Northern Virginia. I'm sure there is some up there. As one that actually works in a local repair shop, I'm pretty certain they don't heavily advertise nor have flashy signs. It's just too expensive to do so. Look in the local phone book or on craigslist. Or the smaller yellowpage-type book (akin to Thrifty Nickel - not sure if this is popular elsewhere).

---

Essentially, most evidence points toward your BIOS being corrupt. The link you provided earlier is general beep codes. But as svl7 said, a bad VBIOS would give you no beep codes.

Cannot get to bios or boot menu. Flashing scroll and caps light. Did phoenix crisis then flashing scroll and caps light appear assuming its another bad bios flash I am not able to get into phoenix crisis mode anymore

Cannot get to bios or boot menu. Flashing scroll and caps light. Did phoenix crisis then flashing scroll and caps light appear assuming its another bad bios flash I am not able to get into phoenix crisis mode anymore

Did you order a new BIOS chip? This will be more than likely your best option.