Please make a modded y510p BIOS based on 74CN44WW V3.05

benny

• 2 weeks later...

@svl7

Is there available modified 3.05 BIOS with white-list-removed for Lenovo y510p for 7260AC adapter or is it only 2.07 modified white-list removed?

Are you available for customizing 3.05 ? What do you need to make this possible?

yeah i have a 3.07 BIOS and i was wondering if a modified version of that is in the works so that i don't have to downgrade to 2.07. I have an intel 7260AC adapter and it won't work with this current BIOS because of the whitelist...

• 3 weeks later...
I have the same issue, bought a Y510P, it came with V3.05 Bios Stock. I have a Dual Band 7260 but it won't accept the card without flashing or downgrading it down to v2.07 and then running the fixes on this forum. I'm not sure what to do either.

Hi! Did you ever get this resolved??

yeah i have a 3.07 BIOS and i was wondering if a modified version of that is in the works so that i don't have to downgrade to 2.07. I have an intel 7260AC adapter and it won't work with this current BIOS because of the whitelist...

kasha - you have a 3.07 BIOS? I got my Y510p in December and it came with 3.05. When did you get yours?

• 2 weeks later...
Hi

I used this on my computer with 3.05 BIOS

First you should go to this post and download the tool to backup your bios as they are now. Before doing any mod installation. After you have made a backup file save that file some were that you can remember it because your Windows key is in it.

Then download the downgrade file from this post and downgrade to 2.07 BIOS.

Then make another backup of the new 2.07 BIOS and then use the BIOS fixer from the first post again to install the mod to it.

Then you flash the new bios you just made, as they say in the first post.

Don´t forget to follow the instructions on these posts. This worked great for me and had no problems.

Many thanks to svl7 for making this possible!

I want to also confirm this. I followed @Shamejonas instructions since I bought a y410p with BIOS 3.05.

I was able to sucessfully downgrade from 3.05 to 2.07 then installed 2.07 mod (wlan whitelist). :)

I haven't installed an intel 7260 AC model yet as it will be arriving end of this week :)

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

Hi guys I just want to ask if there is any advantage of downgrading from 2.07 to 1.10 . I have Lenovo y510p 755m dual graphics. It came shipped with 3.05 but I downgrade it because of whitelist to 2.07.

I dont know if you have noticed that when you use v2.07 instead of 3.05 graphics get hotter while playing. Maybe its just me. Any news on mod for 3.07 or its just better to wait for lenovo to publish their own official bios with whitelist removed?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Hi

I used this on my computer with 3.05 BIOS

First you should go to this post and download the tool to backup your bios as they are now. Before doing any mod installation. After you have made a backup file save that file some were that you can remember it because your Windows key is in it.

Then download the downgrade file from this post and downgrade to 2.07 BIOS.

Then make another backup of the new 2.07 BIOS and then use the BIOS fixer from the first post again to install the mod to it.

Then you flash the new bios you just made, as they say in the first post.

Don´t forget to follow the instructions on these posts. This worked great for me and had no problems.

Many thanks to svl7 for making this possible!

Just want to say thanks for consolidating this info and to svI7 for enabling us to use a modern wifi card. I still can't believe my 6 year old viao has faster wifi access than my newish Lenovo. Well, not for long...:-)

its ashame whitelisting an innoculous item such as a wireless card.

it would be great if lenovo just listened to the people and allowed us to modify our hardware after we paid for it.

its ashame whitelisting an innoculous item such as a wireless card.

it would be great if lenovo just listened to the people and allowed us to modify our hardware after we paid for it.

yep. checking now still no bios update, i'd be shocked if one was actually coming. i can't see why they'd put a whitelist in in the first place if they just planned to remove it in an update later.

Currently Im running the 3.05 BIOS and was looking at downgrading and whitelisting to install the AC card. Did you have any luck?

I've not done it yet but there are several success stories. Just be sure to follow the instructions in this thread and back up your bios before you downgrade.

I've not done it yet but there are several success stories. Just be sure to follow the instructions in this thread and back up your bios before you downgrade.

I agree and also had success by carefully following the instructions.

• 2 weeks later...
Can you downgrade to 2.7?

I have a question about flashing my bios. Will it void my warranty? Is it reversible?

It is reversible, I have updated back to 3.05.

My laptop had a hardware defect. I sent in my laptop with a modified BIOS and they had no issues with it.

Can you downgrade to 2.7?

I have a question about flashing my bios. Will it void my warranty? Is it reversible?

I assume you mean 2.07? Yes it will void your warranty but if you follow the instructions can go back to stock bios if you need to return your laptop to Lenovo for service.

• 2 weeks later...